PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air intake??

spardikis
17-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Has anyone ever used one of these before... sounds like an ok idea but i dont think it would be that practical, and the pipe would heat up in the engine bay.... thoughts or reports would be great!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-Civic-CRX-Integra-Prelude-Accord-COLD-AIR-INTAKE_W0QQitemZ4569354929QQcategoryZ43807QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

bennyBear
17-08-2005, 10:04 PM
couple of ppl have tried them, no better than a pod!

They r just a magnet for rocks & water!!! i know they put a water filter part way up the intake but it doesnt do shit if you get a decent gulp!!

Go for a setup that either : Is purpose made for your model, i.e comptech ice box, apexi ram etc etc. (wanna throw the dough go mugen!!)

OR go a custom setup like mwa and sit it behind your wheel arch, ice cold air baby!

PM me for details on the custom jobbie!

Benj.

spardikis
18-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah sounds right about being a magnet for water.. thanks for the offer but im all good with the custom jobs, was just checkin ebay and I hadnt seen this type of cold air intake before... was never gonna use it.. cheers though!

jdmlvn
18-08-2005, 06:21 PM
if u hav a spare 700 go buy one and try it out

raff
18-08-2005, 06:56 PM
i wouldnt piss on that thats asking for problems. just get a bolt on CAI for ur car!