PDA

View Full Version : Im negative, i know it .....

bennyBear
17-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey Guys!

Time for more questions, lol.

Car was dropped on king super low's bout six months ago, now there is no tread left on the inside of my front tyres and is wearing on the back!

Is this a simple fix? i.e camber kit, or something harder :confused:

OR should i be taking my car to a suspension place to get it checked?!?

(anywhere in Adelaide??)

ALSO..... Could i put 14" rims on my car? would they clear brake assembly etc??
(96' GSi Teg)
Ta,
Benny.

XESX
17-08-2005, 11:16 PM
if u have lower ur car u will have negative camber......

yeh get a camber kit.......go n get more negative camber...HAHAHA

bennyBear
17-08-2005, 11:22 PM
yeah thanks....

Knowledgable replies maybe?!?

wynode
17-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Hate to say it but once the tyres start wearing excessively on the inside......you'd be hard pressed to reverse it.

You have to be proactive when it comes to negative camber (most commonly as a result of lowering) and plan ahead by getting a camber kit.

aozora
18-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Depending on the car, an alignment place should be able to adjust the car for a small increase in positive camber... or negative? But camber kits will allow you to increase that small amount by more. Which really depends on how low your car has been dropped... which is also why most people recommend a wheel alignment after putting in lowered springs :p
Lots of people don't think about it, but there's alot more that's done to the car then the "fully sick dumped look bro" :p Depending on the suspension type, your toe might be out too?
Good luck...

bennyBear
18-08-2005, 01:17 AM
thanks guys, i dont think i would buy king spring super lows again, the ride is too harsh, besides that, i'll look into getting a camber kit!

Im not too fussed about trying to reverse the damage Wyn, just want to get it fixed b4 i fit new tyres!

Cheers,
Benny.

vincent
25-08-2005, 06:45 PM
sometimes, camber kit does not provide enought adjustment if you car is too low, therefore might look into 2nd hand coilover kit with pillowball upper mount if you are serious about performance.

lux_tv
25-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Im pretty sure a '96 Gsi would come with 14's stock (mine did) so as long as you havent upgraded brakes i dont see why they wouldnt fit

BiGANG
27-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Also, if your car is dropped real low, your problem might be irreverable (except if you raise the car agn) This is because if you get a camber kit on a very low car, you will have problems with the tyre scraping the top of the guards. I am in the same situation as you, my integra chews the inside of the tyres within 6 months. If your car is not real low, ie. lowered 1.5" or so. you might get away with a camber kit. I think whiteline makes one.

CTR Coupe
27-08-2005, 08:45 PM
sometimes, camber kit does not provide enought adjustment if you car is too low, therefore might look into 2nd hand coilover kit with pillowball upper mount if you are serious about performance.

pillowball mounts don't ajust camber in hondas(apart from DC5).