PDA

View Full Version : squeek

rdruby
19-08-2005, 10:57 AM
everytime i go over a bump my suspension squeeks i was wondering if any1 could tell me wat the problem is its been like this 4 a while.

VTi_b0i
19-08-2005, 11:07 AM
need new shocks...

SKREMN
19-08-2005, 07:46 PM
might not be your shocks mate
more likely the bushes
could be anywhere?
shocks them self want make the noise its bushes around and on the shock that will
have a look under your car whilst sumone rocks it see if you can find it
if its really annoying take it to a suspention shop but the might try and sting ya and say its more then just one thing

bennjamin
19-08-2005, 10:12 PM
there could be a mouse under ur seat or perahaps that bald naked man in the boot is tryign to get out.
ffs. There is no way of telling what the noise is from "teh interweb" BUT likely questions to you first are -

Have you modified your suspension in anyway recently ?

man.exe
23-08-2005, 09:29 PM
They are probably the swaybar endlinks. They are probably dry and running no lubrication.

I know this because when I took my sway bar off, the endlinks were squeaking when I move them.

Steer^Gimic
23-08-2005, 10:08 PM
need new shocks...

care to explain why? :confused:

its not his shocks. as man.exe has said could be swaybar links, control arm mounts + bushes, bump stops. trial and error until you narrow down the problem.

similiar problem with alot of hondas

SiReal
23-08-2005, 10:16 PM
happened on the ek1 heaps and heaps of times...so we kept taking it back to the dealer. said it was the bushes...we just lubed em up or soemthing like that..and the sound stopped..but then came back again...we learnt to live with it. hehe

VTi_b0i
23-08-2005, 10:28 PM
care to explain why? :confused:

its not his shocks. as man.exe has said could be swaybar links, control arm mounts + bushes, bump stops. trial and error until you narrow down the problem.

similiar problem with alot of hondas

yehh maybe... i jus thort shocks because my firneds honda prelude used to squeek so much wen he went over speed humps and the cause, needed new shocks lol so i thort thats wat his could be too

rdruby
24-08-2005, 12:03 PM
so if i were to get lowered sus. wud the noise stop

Steer^Gimic
24-08-2005, 01:06 PM
probably not. i think it may get worse

redliner
24-08-2005, 02:20 PM
lub the joints around the suspension and see how that goes, sounds like bushes to me.