PDA

View Full Version : Civic Models

rakfint
19-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi All,

I have just had an accident in my ek1 civic.

I am looking around for my next possible car. I have alot of options and have about 11.5 k to play with.

I have found a nice sedan, bit older then the Ek obviously but I think it looks nice. (picture below)

Can anyone tell me / show me some nice sedans like this one and tell me if the ek sedan is much differnt to this... as from what i've seen they look similar?
http://www.rakfint.com/ozcruize/DisplayImage3.jpg
cheers all..

Zdster
19-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I am not 100% sure what you are after. The picture that you have above is of an eg sedan (the model just before the ek). Both the eg and ek sedans came in a vtec (vti) and non-vtec (gli) engines and had other associated figures. As I said in another thread the best way to compare them is through a site like redbook.com.au and it will show you all the model specifications.

_CiVIC_
19-08-2005, 10:13 PM
i have an ek sedan.. its a VTi..

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2023&sort=1&cat=509&page=10

have a look seee :wave:

mugeneration
19-08-2005, 10:16 PM
whatever you do, go the vti. Non vtec hondas are failry gutless in comparison (i should know, i have one!) If you dont really care though, see if you can get a coupe. Civic coupes are the best kind in my opinion, tho sedans arent bad.

nexace
20-08-2005, 12:03 AM
see if you can get a coupe. Civic coupes are the best kind in my opinion, tho sedans arent bad.

Hhehehe...interested? ;)

tRipitaka
20-08-2005, 12:07 AM
want my b16 sedan ?
u've seen it before.. maccers meet..

**Ghost**
20-08-2005, 12:39 AM
for ur budget u can prolly hang aroudn and find a eg b16A converted civic (if u REALLY want to stick with a civic)... so look around ... if not buy a VTI/Si sedan... they all good : )

if u want a VTI hatch, give me a PM... my mate has a EG VTI for sale soon for real cheap... its JDM as well so it has more power and fruit than ur average AUDM vti

rakfint
20-08-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks guys.. all posts have been helpful.

Not sure what i'll do yet, I have been looking around at coupes but think I'm not overly fussed on the shape without alot of mods.

I am thinking I may stop being impatient and just hold off while saving for a del sol later on. I think I just need to start test driving.

all posts appreciated tho

nexace
20-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Don't forget about me if you decide on a coupe! :wave:

Depends on weather you want 2 or 4 doors. And as for the Del Sol, it's a good excuse not to give your mates a lift! :D

jdmcivic
23-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I want a coupe. If you find one give me a yell aye. :)

VTi_b0i
23-08-2005, 08:10 PM
i have a sedan... like the one u might get, il post a pic so u can see a few examples of sedans to see if u like :)
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5839/carpics041resized0zy.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carpics041resized0zy.jpg)

[[d a n n y]]
24-08-2005, 09:13 AM
buy a nice EG with b16a for 11K

nexace
24-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I want a coupe. If you find one give me a yell aye. :)

I have one in my garage! :D

Rakfint: are you after a MT or AT? There's a few EK's for sale around Melbourne and you'll be able to pick up a pretty good deal with your budget.

rakfint
25-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

sorry I forgot about this thread for a while...

nice sedan that was posted back a page :)

i'm definately after MT.

One of the things that has turned me towards del sol now instead of the civics are the interior styleing.. the civics are rather plain (but practicle) as I guess they were intended for 'family cars' or daily drivers. Where as the DEL SOL is sleek and sporty. I think i'm after something a lil more cosy and sporty like the del sol

pics of civic sedans and nice hatches even coupes are all apreciated. While I have obviously looked around online at sedans and coupes etc It is helpful and inspiring to see how they all look modded so go for it guys!!

cheers heaps

VTi_b0i
25-08-2005, 09:53 PM
yes del sol's are good, but what happens when u need more then 2 people in ur car...2seats will give u the shits at times...

CTR Coupe
25-08-2005, 10:08 PM
yes del sol's are good, but what happens when u need more then 2 people in ur car...2seats will give u the shits at times...
and at times you will be glad because your not a taxi :D

VTi_b0i
25-08-2005, 10:09 PM
haha good point made LOL *puts sedan up for sale* haha :D

rakfint
25-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Yer.. i not sure the 2 seat thing will give me the shits.. I truly think i'll love it so much that i'm willing to be a rude bastard and say TOO BAD FIND SOME OTHER WAY haha

plus.. everyone hates a 4 cylinder with more then 2 people in it dont they?