PDA

View Full Version : chopping exhaust half way

fadz
20-08-2005, 12:57 AM
a friend of myne choppd his exhaust half way through his car...
his car sounds so dam much louder...can anyone here tell me the defects about this...coz iv told him,that it might be a majour defect...
if it aint a defect...is it least a good thing in any way???

yourfather
20-08-2005, 01:39 AM
you should hook a tube up from your friends exhaust outlet straight through his window, so he will then know how much of a prick of a thing it is to pollute the world with noise and carcinogens, the selfish bugger.

JDMTMY
20-08-2005, 01:46 AM
chopped the exhaust halfway? as in he took off the Cat? if so...yes he can get defected.

you should hook a tube up from your friends exhaust outlet straight through his window, so he will then know how much of a prick of a thing it is to pollute the world with noise and carcinogens, the selfish bugger. :!: :thumbsup:

sivic
20-08-2005, 01:50 AM
it will definitely be illegal based on noise. if he chopped off the cat its also illegal for emmisions and he faces a BIG fine from the EPA if he's caught.
p.s. your friend is an idiot

fadz
20-08-2005, 09:56 AM
lol...if anyone sees him pass the Msg on :)
grey integra vti R , black Bonnet, on 17 inch Skummy ugly wheels , wont be to hard to point out once seen..

Nodachi
20-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Painted black not carbon? i think i saw him around...

froggy
20-08-2005, 11:50 AM
hes a racer... good work on chopping ur exhaust... every1 whose talking about pollution just driving a car is pollution so stop bitching... if u cared that much you'd ride a FREEKIN bicycle

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:03 PM
you obviously know nothing about exhaust emissions

it's not just stuff that cause greenhouse effects, your car cabin is not airtight, esp when you sit still in traffic, one major emission from cars is carbon monoxide which is turned into dioxide by the cat. chopping the exhaust half way = great recipe for carbon monoxide poisoning

good luck

froggy
20-08-2005, 12:16 PM
ok mr lets get technical... like i said if you cared so much about emmisions go ride your bike, PUNK ASS why dont u go right a research report on "Having no cat and Carbon monoxide poisoning, there could be a relationship between then two...

GO RIDE YOUR BIKE BITCH

Chris_F
20-08-2005, 12:19 PM
nissan fanboy trying to be cool :rolleyes:

froggy your input means so much to us... :thumbdwn:

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:22 PM
ha ha, I don't have to... cuz then you stupid, dumb bitchass with nothing to do than to launch personal insults will all get poisoned

ha ha

go show us your bike then with a silvia sticker.

dc2dc2dc2
20-08-2005, 12:23 PM
froggy, please keep replies to thread and stop attacking people.

bloody nissan owners. :p

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:24 PM
no, he has a honda silvia man. leave him alone :D

froggy
20-08-2005, 12:24 PM
whast wrong with riding a bike? Mr environmental... how about you get a car first!!! AHAHAHAHHA OMG I"M SO FUNNY GOOD WORK ME

froggy
20-08-2005, 12:26 PM
honda silvia that could work... civic with sr20 that would be beautiful

dc2dc2dc2
20-08-2005, 12:27 PM
guys seriously....keep this sh*t to pm'z ! i seriuosly hope modz close this thread now.

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:27 PM
How kind of you... I was thinking about getting a fourth car already!

don't worry, we will work you until you show us your honda silvia!!!

must be a model of civic we haven't heard about!! otherwise, why would you be here??

XESX
20-08-2005, 12:28 PM
how about cut the exhaust after the cat?

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:29 PM
alright alright dc2... i tire of arguing with noobs

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah you could xesx, but you're still getting a cloud of exhaust under the car... better reroute it to the side if you really don't want the pipe going out to the back.

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:32 PM
and also, most cars tend to sound rather crap without the end muffler to mute out the high frequencies, also you get a harsh raspy sound when you back off the throttle, you'll know what I mean if you've run a straight pipe before

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:35 PM
This is purely informative in nature

no it wouldn't man... the only transverse sr20 came from the pulsar sss... that only had 100kw... why wouldnt' you just plant a b16a with 118kw, less trouble with engine mounts as well. most readily available sr20dets comes north-south, would be pretty difficult to convert. sr20 is also heavier, ruining the weight balance.

honda silvia that could work... civic with sr20 that would be beautiful

XESX
20-08-2005, 12:36 PM
yes i want a straight pipe after the cat but i afarid police will defect me....

and thats a cheap way to gain performance....

viperx
20-08-2005, 12:38 PM
what car do u drive man...

honestly, i'm sure at least after a while you'll also care about the sound of the car as well.... and if you get a decent muffler you're not really losing that much but it'll sound a lot more decent... straight pipes sound terrible, even if you can put up with the noise

XESX
20-08-2005, 01:00 PM
i drive suzuki cap..small cc should not be that loud....

froggy
20-08-2005, 05:20 PM
This is purely informative in nature

no it wouldn't man... the only transverse sr20 came from the pulsar sss... that only had 100kw... why wouldnt' you just plant a b16a with 118kw, less trouble with engine mounts as well. most readily available sr20dets comes north-south, would be pretty difficult to convert. sr20 is also heavier, ruining the weight balance.

Man shut up noone cares... how long did it take you to cook up that answer?? did you go do some research AHHAHAHA and NOOBS is so 90's its nubs now buddy... anyways i'm off to ride my bike

panda[cRx]
20-08-2005, 05:52 PM
stfu froggy

and 'nub' ?? WTF??

keep all replies on topic. if you guys wanna talk shit take it to PM

nexace
20-08-2005, 06:00 PM
:D @ bike...

As for the CAT, like the other guys have said. Blardy stoopid idea!

Also regarding the staight pipe, it will only get more noisy. Something that you might want to keep in mind later down the track.

SiReal
20-08-2005, 06:05 PM
froggy, u aint making many friends here considering ur acting like a prick and ur flaming other people who are providing meaningful and useful information as opposed to providing 10 year old immature answers. Either be supportive or get off this forum . YOUR HOSTILITY IS NOT WELCOME HERE!

SiReal
20-08-2005, 06:06 PM
sorry panda..i forgot to read your last line. hehehehe

fly_vti
20-08-2005, 06:09 PM
YOUR FRIEND IS SO DUMB IF HE GETS DONE BY EPA HE CAN FACE $2K AND OVER FINE!

viperx
20-08-2005, 06:59 PM
i drive suzuki cap..small cc should not be that loud....

It might not be, but the cap engine is tiny, the smaller the engine the less low freq you have, unfortunately i'd say it may end up sounding like a tinny lawnmower... i wouldn't do it man, in my opinion.

alternatively if ur at the exhaust shop to fit a system, you could get them to just run it without the muffler at the end just to let you hear what its like

Steer^Gimic
20-08-2005, 07:03 PM
if you want, just get a exhaust shop to make a flange that you can bolt on and off if want to take your car to the track. and goddamit show me pics cause i want to see flames :>

viperx
20-08-2005, 07:09 PM
seeing a suzuki cap throw flames (and people on the cappicino strip run for their lives) would be gold!

XESX
20-08-2005, 07:24 PM
my friend's cap have no muffler at all..maybe i will try to ask him to show me his car to see whether i like the sound or not....
i am just worrying about it will be easily got defected...

Nodachi
20-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Y take out the cat? , it's there for a reason and dat is to keep noise pollution and air pollution as little as possible, now by taking off that, U create as much noise and air pollution as possible, I don't know about u but if everyone as self-fish as u takin their cat or whole thing off, then i guess we'll die in no time..:D It's there for a reason mate. And surely if u don't have it, I will be extremely happy to c u get stop by cops

n/a
21-08-2005, 02:39 AM
and also, most cars tend to sound rather crap without the end muffler to mute out the high frequencies, also you get a harsh raspy sound when you back off the throttle, you'll know what I mean if you've run a straight pipe before

there's nothing wrong with a straight pipe exhaust, as in the sound of it,
besides the fact that they're damn loud. it sounds nice with the right engine, friend of mine has a 32 R and it sounds like a jet :thumbsup: it's only really loud at high rpm. too bad civics tend to sound like the engine is right next to you when you run a straight pipe, same guy whacked a straight pipe on a B16A and damn that was too loud at any rpm.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: at froggy.. "Mr Environmental" please.. wonder is we could run a poll on what a wanker he's being..

viperx
21-08-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah thats true some cars sound good with them.. turboed cars tend to sound better cuz the turbos have a muffling effect themselves on sound. R32's capacity is also much bigger... larger capacity cars have deeper freq sounds inherently, so sound better

aimre
21-08-2005, 11:04 PM
as long as the cats there it ok, no $20k fine, (yes it 20k not 2)

BUT,
an exhats must go past the rear axle or Diff, so that makes that defectable, but the fine wont be as big

joonix
21-08-2005, 11:45 PM
an exhats must go past the rear axle or Diff, so that makes that defectable, but the fine wont be as big

200mm past the last point of entry in NSW. I was under the impression that it was the same situation in other states.

There are a few other regulations for side exit exhausts, such as angle. Check the ADRs.

viperx
22-08-2005, 12:03 AM
as far as i understand, in terms of legality, side exit exhausts are fully illegal

faijai
22-08-2005, 12:21 AM
why would u chop ur exhaust in half for? are u a fuking tool or do u just grow dicks on ur head???!!!

panda[cRx]
22-08-2005, 03:51 AM
can you guys not use ridiculous sized fonts? (especially when calling someone a 'fuking tool')

some people do read these forums at work or have young ones around ok:rolleyes:

a smaller size would have been enough :wave:

ekslut
22-08-2005, 08:37 AM
This is going nowhere

Yes, his car will be defectable, coz he would have no muffler and it would be too loud

He is probably loosing power too if its NA

This thread is now *CLOSED*