PDA

View Full Version : VORTECH S/C making big Hp on V8s

locote
20-08-2005, 10:37 AM
if S/C is making such big power on v8s why cant same be done on smaller engines like the B series??

i saw some HSV's putting 500hp+ with vortech S/C
1 even getting over 800hp

surely you could get 300 to 400 out of a B series motor

bennyBear
20-08-2005, 10:54 AM
You had a look at the cost of a S/C install lately!!!!! Especially a vortech setup!!

You have to remember that HSV's have a whopping LS1 to play with, compared to say a B18B, they are always going to make huge figures with bolt-on forced induction.

As far as Vortech is concerned, they are impractical for honda's as ass their chargers are centrafugal and work on the same principle as a turbo, however dont make anywhere near the turbs power and cost twice as much!

I have seen a yellow s2k running a vortech blower and making good power, but the money spent on the setup was enough to get a built engine and a custom turbs kit with enough change to get a pie and an iced coffee.

TURBO TURBO TURBO or n/a.

Im leaving to go breathe now.

91'lude
20-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Superchargers like torque to pull them, honda small block engines lack torque... thats the problem...

Is this the yellow s2k your talking about? 680 rear wheel hp.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3343/680rwhp3ax.jpg

BLKCRX
20-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Blah internet MYTH again

Honda’s respond very nicely to supercharging !
Here’s a k20 engine I supercharged last week

Unfortunately I can’t release any specific information, although the car does burnouts in 4th gear on the freeway traveling at 100km/h

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/hondata/dc5-super/dc5-super1.jpg

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/hondata/dc5-super/dc5-super2.jpg

If you can source the Supercharger for a good price ;) there very good value for money upgrades, the above super charger is a Jackson Racing supercharger on a Honda Integra DC5r

Regards James

locote
20-08-2005, 02:08 PM
BLKCRX, what would you recomend for high horse power JR superCH or VORTECH superCH?
ill be running ZEX nitrous when i go to track aswell.

locote
20-08-2005, 02:10 PM
i can get a VORTECH bolt on setup or JR setup for under 5Gs AUS
comes with full intructions on how to install

BLKCRX
20-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I like the Jackson Racing supercharges more, than the Vortech. Supercharges thow have a limit to how much boost you can run, typically either 5 or 8psi pulley systems I believe the Jackson Racing supercharges can be made to run at like 14psi with a custom small pulley ( over driving the supercharger ) Superchargers are not for high boost applications, go turbo if you want stupid amounts of boost and power. But on 8psi they give a HUGE amount of power increase and are very good value for money, im writing up a review all about them which will be on hondatech.com.au

Regards James

locote
20-08-2005, 02:30 PM
is 300 fwhp doable on a JR with nitrous?
which do u think is easier to install??
VORTECH OR JR

saxman
20-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm yet to see a supercharger honda make NEAR the hp/torque it would if the same amount of money was spent on a turbo set up

poid
20-08-2005, 04:54 PM
indeed saxman

bennyBear
20-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Im not saying S/C's are bad dude, just not as good value for money as a properly *chosen* and installed turbs kit.

bennyBear
20-08-2005, 06:04 PM
and yeah thats the yellow s2k, got a good magazine write up, soo much money spent but.

BiGANG
29-08-2005, 12:08 PM
i had a bit of a look on the vortech website, the kit with the water/air cooler runs at 8-9 psi. would more boost be possible on standard internals for a b series motor? Or would that be about the limit of what the standard internals can hold. And would wheelspin be as evident as on a turbo kit with something like this? Im just thinking if more boost is possible because the americans run poorer quality fuel to us and that the kit is designed to run on american fuel.

KB
29-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Superchargers like torque to pull them, honda small block engines lack torque... thats the problem...

Is this the yellow s2k your talking about? 680 rear wheel hp.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3343/680rwhp3ax.jpg

Thats a supercharger? :confused:
Looks like a big fat dirty slut of a turbo manifold to me.

yourfather
01-09-2005, 02:52 AM

yeah waz thinkin the same thing???

unless they gotta put new headers on for no apparent reason?

Hondavirgin
01-09-2005, 10:38 AM

Look under the manifold and you can see the turbo i think!

saxman
01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
it most certainly is a turbo