PDA

View Full Version : New Owner. Some questions

chop_sticks
20-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey as some of you might know ive just bought a Euro. But i got a few questions to ask. How many keys are supposed to come with the car? Are these lights on my dash supposed to be on while im driving (ABS VSA and something else)? Can i fit the fog lights from the luxury model onto my one?

These 3 lights at the top

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~llai1/mypic45.JPG

Thanks for the input.

yfin
20-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey as some of you might know ive just bought a Euro. But i got a few questions to ask. How many keys are supposed to come with the car? Are these lights on my dash supposed to be on while im driving (ABS VSA and something else)? Can i fit the fog lights from the luxury model onto my one?

These 3 lights at the top

Thanks for the input.

2 keys come with the car

Those lights should not stay on when driving. The exclamation will stay on - however - if you press the VSA button "!". The other lights should ordinarily be off. If those 3 lights are on when driving take it to your dealer as something is wrong.

Just on this - have you modified your car in any way? Do you have massive 20" rims dumped on its ass with far out offset - or something lilke that? That is the only thing I can think of that could trouble the VSA system.

Fogs - yes you can fit these to the standard.

*** update - ok - saw a pic of your car in another thread. The 19" rims you have - i would suggest you check the size of them and offset (eg same width front and rear? - offset above 42?). If you have coilovers - raise the height a little

Until you have sorted it out I would recommend you use the stock rims if you have them.

chop_sticks
20-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Ohhhh lol yeah i got 19's on it. Cause i kept pushing the VSA button and it does nothing. So theres something wrong with my ABS? Cause when i bought it, it had slotted discs fitted aswell. Apparently the owner has changed the hubs for merc ones so the rims could fit.

yfin
20-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Ohhhh lol yeah i got 19's on it. Cause i kept pushing the VSA button and it does nothing. So theres something wrong with my ABS? Cause when i bought it, it had slotted discs fitted aswell. Apparently the owner has changed the hubs for merc ones so the rims could fit.

Hi - i just updated my post as you responded - see above. Your ABS may be ok - it is hard to say without testing it. Test it in the wet in a controlled environment. I am fairly sure your VSA will not work though.

Do you know the size of the rims and offset? Are they the same front and rear?

The modifications the previous owner has done is tripping a problem with the VSA or VSA and ABS. God knows why they changed the hubs - it must be a really wide rim or really low positive offset. Have you got the stock rims to try? I would try to see whether the lights go off with the stock rims. If the lights stay on with the stock rims - the changing of the hubs is the issue.