PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on ECU mod

spacemaster
20-08-2005, 06:08 PM
I have Prelude 91 which is B20A and OBD0 (I believe). I read alot lately and it seems Hondata is everyone fav. However, it seems they don't support my ECU out of the box.

I am appreciate if anyone can advice what is the best solutions for my ECU ? whether Hondata or something else.

I am keen to get the most of my car (fuel and power)

Thanks

fly_vti
20-08-2005, 06:18 PM
just go to yahoo.com and search for 'AFTERMARKET CAR ECU' or something. and all the brand names will come up.

spacemaster
22-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks Fly, I did few search as your advice, I see alots of Spoon or JUN thingies, they cheap. I am not sure if they are authentic...Any tuner shop you know fit these things ?

thanks in advance!

Weq
23-08-2005, 12:23 AM
odb0. if u want to DIY check out turboedit.
otherwise almost any aftermarket ecu will be able to help u out. people like microtech, haltech, motech, wold3d, or a piggyback like unichip, greddy emanage etc etc.

spacemaster
23-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks Weq,

I just look at turboedit. I can send my ECU to US for mod. But I am not sure where in sydney would do the tuning ? Any idea of turboedit tuner in sydney ?

pgclee
23-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Power FC...or Emanage....anyway, Emanage is a piggy back....good enough though...

ONV73C
23-08-2005, 08:11 PM
need to upgrade to OBD1 from what i've been told...

same problem i've got :(

spacemaster
23-08-2005, 10:01 PM
I thought with Turbo edit we don't need to convert to OBD1. If we can convert to OBD1 then we can use Hondata.

I am in middle of nowhere, since I don't know any tuner can tune Turbo Edit nor I don't know any tuner can help me with convert to OBD1 + Hondata.

From above suggestion, we may need an after market ECU, which I don't have much info....to convince me to spend $

:(

BLKCRX
23-08-2005, 11:28 PM
OBD0 solutions become very hard to tune, as the technology driving these older engines are seriously out of date. Its from a era of EFI before any real standards were set.
Hondata solution is to replace your distributor and run today’s technology and bring the wiring and electronic side of the engine up to OBD1 wiring and technology, using a 32 teeth distributor, and numerous sensors

I’m not sure if any piggyback devices would work with obd0 either due to the older distributor being 16 tooth, most Honda piggyback ECU assume automatically that the distributor is 32 teeth. PowerFC most certainly does not have any OBD0 16 teeth solutions.

Iv got a client in Melbourne who’s in the same situation he has a older prelude and he’s just turbo’ed the engine, and yeah I have to go over and check out all his wiring and work out a obd1 solution for him, it’s a pain in the arse but sadly it’s the only working solution due to the BASE technology being so old.

Hope that helps if you require any help or more info feel free to call me on 0417 875 785 or email / PM me

Regards James

ProECU
24-08-2005, 10:26 AM
There is a OBD0 solution, its called TurboEdit.

Tell the author (Justin) Evan sent you and he'll sort you out.