PDA

View Full Version : ABS light stays on?????????

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I replaced my drivers side driveshaft, also replaced my front rotors to slotted ones, installed front green stuff racing pads, put it all together and my ABS light stays on so i have no ABS. I havent touched any wires whilst doing this instalation so i am completely dumbfounded as to why my ABS dont work. Has anyone else had this problem before, if so PLEASE HELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bungsai
20-08-2005, 06:38 PM
check fuses bro

fly_vti
20-08-2005, 06:41 PM
I replaced my drivers side driveshaft, also replaced my front rotors to slotted ones, installed front green stuff racing pads, put it all together and my ABS light stays on so i have no ABS. I havent touched any wires whilst doing this instalation so i am completely dumbfounded as to why my ABS dont work. Has anyone else had this problem before, if so PLEASE HELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you damaged your braking system when you done this? or maybe the abs sys you have isnt compatible with your rotas?

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 06:51 PM
check fuses bro

all fuses are fine :confused:

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 06:55 PM
maybe you damaged your braking system when you done this? or maybe the abs sys you have isnt compatible with your rotas?

ive completed the same conversion on a 99' vtir with abs and there was no problem with the rotors not being compatible.

EG5[KRT]
20-08-2005, 07:02 PM
mayb u shocked ur abs sensors near the hub when changing disc rotors ????

dunno mayb ... just a thought.and mite have just threw up a code.or u had ur car turned on when u were taking off ur rotors.

i know when u do that on peugeots it throws an intermittent abs fault and light turns on.. so mayb its just a small fault that u need to get checked out at honda maayb ...

my 2c

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fongyfong
20-08-2005, 07:29 PM
i had da same problem too and found out that my brake tail lights bulbs were burnt out the right one i changed the bulb and the abs was working agian, it may be that, or maybe the brake tail light bulb isnt connected properly, it could be that

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 07:31 PM
i had da same problem too and found out that my brake tail lights bulbs were burnt out, well just the right one, it may be that

did your ABS not work at all?

fongyfong
20-08-2005, 07:34 PM
yeah man it didnt work the abs light was lit up and these other stuff was lit up to, i changed the tial light bulbs and it worked agian, one of them was burnt out the right one, check when u hit the brakes if both brake lights light up, if they dont light up then it could be ur brake lights, if ur brake lights are still working then..hmm i dunno

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 07:39 PM
just checked and all brake lights are working grrrrr thanx anyway man

fongyfong
20-08-2005, 07:42 PM
oh that sucks man, hope u get it fixed, check ur user manual if u got it, good luk

ProECU
20-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i have a feeling u put in the wheel sensors back to front

GSI-PSI
20-08-2005, 08:54 PM
i have a feeling u put in the wheel sensors back to front

wheel sensors? do u hav a pik of these?

quangsta
20-08-2005, 11:59 PM
mine just suddenly came on too when i just started my car the other day..no mods have been recently done to it...just out of no where it came on...???...any reason why this would happen?