PDA

View Full Version : Headunit changing....

kentris
22-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes I am aware of the fact that there have been many threads posted about this topic, but not really one of them show you how to actually change the headunit console.

I've seen the instructions but it is really hard to make out what it's trying to show and what to do.

I'm really tempted to change my headunit since I'm getting kind of sick of burning loads of CDs and playing it in the car. I don't really want to use the iPod interface nor do I want the CD changer in the back either.

I was wondering, if anybody who's actually changed the headunit can write up a step by step guide to changing the headunit console? I mean it would save a lot of other jazz owners posting threads like this one.

I've also searched the entire internet (or so it seems like I have) and still I haven't found anything about how you actually change the headunit.

I'm in the UK, so I'm not sure whether it would be exactly the same as the AU jazz's, as I've read something about a 20pin and wiring adapters....(all became confusing to me)

Philip Lee
22-08-2005, 09:20 AM
do you have the knowledge of wiring up a head unit and you have done something similar to another car??

i guess if u're having problem understanding the pins of 20pins wiring adapters, it's probably easier for you to get a shop to install it for you.

the major problem for Jazz is pulling the OEM unit out. it is a real pain to pull the thing off and also disconnect the air cond bits. other than that it's just normal wiring stuff.

this is a link that maybe useful (unfortunately it's in Japanese):
http://www.mobile.sony.co.jp/sony/result.cgi?YEARS=1281&SEND=%81@%82n%82j%81@

kentris
22-08-2005, 09:51 AM
do you have the knowledge of wiring up a head unit and you have done something similar to another car??

i guess if u're having problem understanding the pins of 20pins wiring adapters, it's probably easier for you to get a shop to install it for you.

the major problem for Jazz is pulling the OEM unit out. it is a real pain to pull the thing off and also disconnect the air cond bits. other than that it's just normal wiring stuff.

this is a link that maybe useful (unfortunately it's in Japanese):
http://www.mobile.sony.co.jp/sony/result.cgi?YEARS=1281&SEND=%81@%82n%82j%81@

I haven't really done any headunit changing before, but it's the whole OEM unit changing I'm mainly focused on. Since in the UK, the Jazz isn't really a car that would be modified so most retailers and other audio shops in UK probably won't know how to change the OEM unit, plus they do not supply the parts.

And also, I have seen that link before, although it's confusing and the pictures are really simplistic. So was just wondering if anyone actually had pictures taken from when they changed their headunit ?

kentris
23-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Oh another thing, about being supplied with the center console, I've emailed tanghy a lot of times and him twice and he doesn't seem to respond :s

Tony
23-08-2005, 09:15 AM
The centre console is a Honda Access OEM part. You should be able to order from your local Honda dealer as well.

kentris
23-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The centre console is a Honda Access OEM part. You should be able to order from your local Honda dealer as well.

Hm...well they DO have this option for an Audio Face Panel, which is used for the Sat-Nav. So I'm not sure whether it's the same.

The space in the double-din unit is pretty much the right size for a sat nav?

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/6300/useless0qa.png

That's the picture from their brochure from Honda UK.

Philip Lee
23-08-2005, 10:29 AM
it's the same.

petrovski
23-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I just put a dvd/tv/mp3/ps2 etc in my car this week

Taking the console out is a pain in the but, as is running wires because its soo small!!

anyway give me a couple of days and i'll do a write up.

btw DC was spot on with the wiring *two thumbs up*I

Pete :)

^CarBoy^
23-08-2005, 08:30 PM
petrovski: where did you get the instructions on how to take off the oem stereo? I'm ready to change the stereo aswell but don't know how to start it.... your write up will be a big help thanks!

vividjazz
24-08-2005, 07:30 AM
petrovski: where did you get the instructions on how to take off the oem stereo? I'm ready to change the stereo aswell but don't know how to start it.... your write up will be a big help thanks!

Copy of instructions are here:
http://fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2525

sassy_fit_vtit
24-08-2005, 11:13 PM
its tricky with a car that has an intergrated cd player. it cost a fair bit to custom the dash so i got past it by just gettin an external dvd player and wiring it to a fm modulator so the stock cd player isstill functional but the dvd audio is sent as a radio signal to your radio.

^CarBoy^
25-08-2005, 12:39 AM
sassy_fit_vtit: some of the JDM Jazz didn't come with the integrated cd player. they had an option of putting normal aftermarket CD players or DVD players. They even have navigation/DVD option from Honda Japan.... I ordered the double DIN replacement from Honda through JDMYARD.

sassy_fit_vtit
25-08-2005, 11:26 AM
yea?!? sh*t they only have them with intergrated dashes here