PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Metallic Paints

nexace
22-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,

I always thought the Euro-L comes with metallic paint as standard but I was dead wrong. Do most of you have metallic paint? Especially interested in some feedback from Graphite owners. Does Pearl mean metallic is now available?

What's the process of getting metallic paint? Is it sprayed overseas or do they do it here once the car has landed?

aaronng
22-08-2005, 05:38 PM
All the colours are metallic except for Milano red. They spray it on in Japan, bake your car in an oven for a while. And only after that do they assemble all the parts together.

TwEigh
22-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Pearl and metalic are different
I think pearl is better than metalic.

aaronng
22-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmm, hard to describe what pearl looks like. A creamy metallic look?

as001
22-08-2005, 06:08 PM
pearl has like a pink tinge to it under light the current white subaru libertys are good example

bigdongers
22-08-2005, 11:00 PM
white euros are a pearl too.

and before the milano red came out with the 05 model, all Euros were metallica paint as standard. No need to pay for that extra. With 05, they brought the price down a little cause the Milano is not metallic. Personally, I reckon just charge the same for all the models.

nexace
22-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Ahhh... thanks guys! :)

Main reason why I'm asking is because in the promotion pamphlet that they sent out, it states that Metallic paint is standard on MDX, Odyssey and CR-V Sports models. I called Honda to ask but the guy who answered the phone gave me some obscure answer. :thumbdwn:

So after checking the website again, the Pearl colours are White, Graphite, Black and Blue. Metallic Silver and Red is normal?

No need to pay extra for better paint work apart from paint protection; would this be correct?

aaronng
23-08-2005, 12:09 PM
The paint protection is not worth the money, UNLESS you plan not to wash your car often. If you're going to wash it every 2 weeks and apply wax, then don't get it. In the paint protection policy, the warranty is void if you wax/polish your car or wash with a car shampoo other than their own brand.

jl88rl
23-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah dats right, aarons got point there.

Tobster
23-08-2005, 01:03 PM
The difference between a "pearlescent" and "metallic" paint is basically the amount and type of metal fleck put in the paint -- as opposed to a flat paint which therefore won't reflect the light in the same way.

It has nothing to do with "better" paint quality -- in fact, metallic paints generally show up paint imperfections more, and are also harder to match.

I've had two dark green metallic cars -- I only ever meant to have one, but the second was too good a buy! I don't intend to have metallic paints again if I can avoid it (but that's my own choice and I wouldn't discourage anyone who likes them!).

me_kevinly
23-08-2005, 07:06 PM
i thought car with metallic will less likely to see swirl
rite?

bigdongers
24-08-2005, 01:21 AM
i thought car with metallic will less likely to see swirl
rite?

not true. I think the colour of the car has more to do with swirls showing. Black cars are worst for showing swirl marks.

VirIIx
24-08-2005, 09:24 AM
pearl paint looks nice, especially when the car is squeeky clean :)

a bitch to get it resprayed for scratches and smash repair jobs - esp if the person doesn't do it right.