PDA

View Full Version : EK VTiR compared to teg and lude.

langlo
22-08-2005, 10:51 PM
hi guys,

(sorry if this post has been done so many times already)

but just wanting some opinions.. i am thinking about purchasing a 97 vtir EK civic, just wondering how they compare in performance terms to prelude 94 vtir (manual) and a 96 integra vtir. Obviously the lude and teg will be quicker than the civic, but will it give them a run for its money? or keep up?

would like to hear personal experiences, rather than facts. :)

dc2dc2dc2
22-08-2005, 10:53 PM
teg. all the way.

mini_s2000
22-08-2005, 10:54 PM
is it all about who's is quicker??? what about, which appeals to you more???
my civic is for sale!!! what state you in?

mini_s2000
22-08-2005, 10:56 PM
teg. all the way.
how about, no scot...

langlo
22-08-2005, 11:05 PM
is it all about who's is quicker??? what about, which appeals to you more???
my civic is for sale!!! what state you in?

well i guess its not about whos quicker, the purpose of my thread is to find out how they compare, and does the civic keep up...? thats all.

also in regards to your car for sale. thanks, but no thanks. :) goodluck with the sale.

roar
22-08-2005, 11:33 PM
horses for courses

what type of driving do you do?

dragging civic is obviously the slowest (but not by a shitload)
but i rekn on very tight roads it is competitive if not better

i should know i've owned both ek4 and dc2

tekling
23-08-2005, 04:25 AM
lude all the way

langlo
23-08-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks roar, they're the type of answers i was after.

type of driving, well just every day, but i also like to know i have a little bit of power and can use it to my advantage when needed. Also im a sucker for corners, so that sounds good.

ekslut
23-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I like the styling of the civic is much better, inside and out. The integra is starting to get a bit dated in my opinion. But it is very easy to make both look good

As for quickest, I guess the integra would win, but it would be very close. All depends on the driver.

But I think the EK chassis is much better for corners :thumbsup:

**Ghost**
23-08-2005, 03:13 PM
i own an ek4 and i've driven VTIR... i found that the Ek4 is much "twitchier" around corners compared to the teggy

like with teggies i found that i feltthe back gradually sliding out or losing traction and more abel to cope with dips/bumps in the road with stabiilty...the Ek4 handles like a go cart but once u exceed the limit the back "jerks" around... teggy = more commfy drive in hard condtiions in my opinion

mebbe its due to longer wheelbase or woteva, me no expert, just providing personal experience (ps: i have a full sussy setup on my car so its not ne problems with my Ek4 in particular)

ORACER
23-08-2005, 03:33 PM
EK is the way to go, more appealling than those two cars...
the handling is not bad at all....

Da1nONLY
23-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Dc2 =)

57UDD
23-08-2005, 03:49 PM
IMO i'd go for the teg any day. With my experiences (both dc2 vtir and ek4) i felt as though the dc2 had a better handling and control at high speeds through corners. The ek4 was alright, but the dc2 felt better and was faster. On a straight my friend in his ek4 took on my dc2, and he couldn't keep up, wasn't even close. Both cars were stock, but my car had a system (15inch sub + 3000watt monoblock = 30kg). We swapped cars and the dc2 still killed the ek4.

hope this helps ya mate.

kayot1k
23-08-2005, 04:05 PM
believe it or not the roads/streets you drive on are not for your own illegal uses.
mate if you just want a fast car get the integra. obvious choice.

its obvious your purposes for the car is some stupid shit and status.
:thumbdwn:

litmog
23-08-2005, 05:15 PM
looks wise, get EK4 and do a 99' facelift :thumbsup: , that'll be hot, there was a silver one in nsw for sale with facelift, hot written all over it, cleaner lines.

then change the suspension, tyres and add some struts, i dont see why it couldnt handle as well as a teg.

gelo
23-08-2005, 05:59 PM
from wot u say u want the car for
go for a dc2

langlo
23-08-2005, 06:46 PM
believe it or not the roads/streets you drive on are not for your own illegal uses.
mate if you just want a fast car get the integra. obvious choice.

its obvious your purposes for the car is some stupid shit and status.
:thumbdwn:

if i wanted a car to do "stupid shit" in, according to what you think my reasons for buying this car are for.... then i dont need to buy anything, you can do stupid shit in any car or any other vehicle. Secondly, the car is not for "status".. my status relies on me, not my car.

for everyone else thanks for your valued and mature responses. they were quite helpful

jdmcivic
23-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Get an Integra man if ur afta performance.

23-08-2005, 07:40 PM
both cars have pros and cons' to eachother.. it really depends how far you want to go with your car.. wat you want to do with it and where you want to take it.. unless you just mean stock vs stock.

chunsa
23-08-2005, 11:17 PM
get the prelude for the luxury cruiser (the interior is :cool: compared to the civic)

civic/integra if u gonna mod -> for performance?

in the looks department, all 3 cars look great

akira
24-04-2006, 03:38 PM
ive got a civic em1. gotta admit that integras are faster for sure but civics got the looks!
as u already know, if its straight on then its integras. if its handling around corners then civics are a better choice to have!

Limbo
24-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Depends how much money you wanna spend, The larger capacity ones are gonna be faster.
The Prelude is only about as quick as the civic, the Teg will be slightly quicker.

But then i've seen ek4s bear Dc2s before also.

All comes down to $$$. Get the one you like looks wise and then if you spend enough it will be fast.

Limbo
24-04-2006, 08:14 PM
PS em1s are slower than ek4s (hehe)

thaaznboi
25-04-2006, 03:02 AM
ek4!!!....as i love mine!

todaek9
25-04-2006, 03:52 AM
how long is a piece of string??

Limbo
25-04-2006, 11:23 AM
ooo we're playing those jap thought games now are we? comon mate i know you go for the ek4 also ;)

aimre
25-04-2006, 12:04 PM
how long is a piece of string??

Two times half its length

vtec>turbo
25-04-2006, 12:28 PM
All three are fantastic cars. Dohc vtec is the ****.

Go for the car that appeals to you the most, the performance is pretty similar in all three. Civic and Integra would have the best handling, Integra and Prelude might have a bit more in a straight line(if any it's only very slight and can be made up with simple I/H/E). Don't discount the Prelude's handling, they might be heavy but with swaybars and maybe shocks and springs they carry the weight fairly well.

Personally, I'd be going for the EK4 or Prelude(probably civic), if I had a vtir Integra I'd be constantly wanting a type r. It's your choice, take whatever's cheap and in good condition when you're looking.

Good Luck, Dylan

kris_
26-04-2006, 02:35 PM
i would go the EK4 as i was in the same boat as you.

I've raced both tegs and ludes (vtir spec ones) and beat them both...

So I dunno what all the fuss is about.
And the lude had an exhaust.

I think that in the right hands, the Ek4 is a lil weapon.

Get one, you'll love it.
And if you get bored... whack on a turbo. ;)

EK4R
26-04-2006, 02:51 PM
(considering you posted this in a Civic sub-forum i would consider alil biased responses but anyhow..)

Ek4 all the way y0~!

its got look, style, handling, power you say? well with power comes the price of other expenses like petrol :D but if money is not a problem, y buy a teg VTIR in 1st place, go straight to the R. otherwise in the VTiR range i would say CIVIC.

you could also put a B18C in it later on if u want to, like i have, and its even faster :P

barefootbonzai
26-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Just go with the car that YOU like the most. All 3 cars top choices. Performance and handling in all 3 cars can be improved. Just all depends what you want out of it and what you plan to do with it.

thaaznboi
26-04-2006, 03:33 PM
y b18 when dere the option of a k20?!?!
droollzzzzzz...mmmm..... :D