PDA

View Full Version : nail in tire

newmski
23-08-2005, 02:58 PM
was painted the back calipers today and found two lovely suprises for me in one of my tires
there was one nail and one screw. now the nail i got out fine and it didn't actually "puncture" its way though but the screw i started taking out and i can hear a hiss as i am trying...
its near the centre of the tread. where/how much to get repaired? is what i wanna now thanx:(

chaos coupe
23-08-2005, 03:02 PM
price will be around $18 and up..how did u get the screw???

newmski
23-08-2005, 03:04 PM
price will be around $18 and up..how did u get the screw???
how did it get in there u mean?
fuked if i know man. i would say probly from being in "outdoor" shed that me and dad just put up. ie. loose nails from building it. if u mean how did i get it out...pliers

SiReal
23-08-2005, 03:05 PM
hehe..shoulda left it in there and taken it to the tyre guys who will take ur screw out for u and repair at the same tmie...but you probably wont ever see that screw back again

newmski
23-08-2005, 03:07 PM
hehe..shoulda left it in there and taken it to the tyre guys who will take ur screw out for u and repair at the same tmie...but you probably wont ever see that screw back again
the screw is still in...when i started traking it out i heard hissing and stop ran away and started crying.
so around 20$ for repair?

SiReal
23-08-2005, 03:09 PM
hahah.....its alright buddy..its not so bad *comforts*

i'm not too sure of the price but it shouldnt be anything more than that. good luck with it.

newmski
23-08-2005, 03:10 PM
hahah.....its alright buddy..its not so bad *comforts*

i'm not too sure of the price but it shouldnt be anything more than that. good luck with it.
lol it is when they are brand new bridgestone gIII's
well im off to get quoted/fixed:(

chaos coupe
23-08-2005, 03:23 PM
it shouldnt cost u a lot. i fixed my on the weekend rusty nail only cost me $18 so yeah

Limbo
28-08-2005, 08:55 AM
mate goto supercheap and buy the kit yourself - around $15 and it has i think 4 or 5 patches from memory and has the tools you need to do the job.
THe only other thing is you need a good set of plyers but your job pulling out seems fine.

When i brought the kit i started to pull nails left right and centre.

It does up to 8mm holes i think. and you can buy the patch strips for like $10 later one. Then just keep fixing tyres.

wynode
28-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Don't you have to patch it from the inside?

newmski
28-08-2005, 11:53 PM
i dunno wat they did but its fixed :)

VTi_b0i
28-08-2005, 11:54 PM
yehh i had that happen a week or so ago... found my tyre flat...and ofcourse i have no spare, cause i have 2subs and i took it out for weight reasons and the fact that i couldnt get to it if i tried lol...so my parents came, i took it off and they too it to i think jax tyres. *i think* and it costed $25 all up and the tyres perfect again...