PDA

View Full Version : Mod the legend (H22A)

ET!
24-08-2005, 12:08 AM
first off, i have a 1986 legend, white, usual 4 wheels, steering wheel etc. completly stock other than a stereo.

i was looking at getting another car (because of ABS problems) untill my mate suggested just doing up mine, which i stupidly didnt think of doing. heres the list of mods but i need advice on a certain H22A issue.

Respray in black, shave arial and badges etc
new front lip (old one ate shit on a dip)
and some where along the lines of 18,19 or 20in VIP style rims
new windscreen (this ones shit and cracked)
limo tint (sides) quite dark on back
better stereo, several TVs etc
fix electric windows (get them ground the right shape)
fix a little bit of the sunroof working mechanism
maybe a little lower suspension (its already VERY low as standard)

and the big bit a H22A

NOW THE REAL REASON FOR THIS THREAD
would a H22A fit in the car with little effort (not too much custom stuff), i would be looking to get this done by a workshop but i would like to provide them with a JDM H22A auto frontcut (for the looms etc) in this system i would be wanting to be rid of the standard ABS *the original problem* (may look at upgrading it with the stuff from the frontcut providing its there)

other question, is it illegal to remove ABS and just have standard brakes in QLD

cheers
Etienne

aus91integra
24-08-2005, 09:13 AM
be expecting 10k upwards for a workshop to do it... (that includes ya motor, labour, bits and pieces, engineering for it to be registered.)

cheers

rev-tech
24-08-2005, 11:04 AM
not sure hwo different the rules are in QLD, but in NSW you can't modify the braking system to be less efficient as what it was originally.

ET!
24-08-2005, 10:20 PM
thats shit about the brakes, if the H22A will cost that much what do you recon of a C27A or a C32A, if i get my hands on the frontcut it should be way cheaper than 10K.

ET!
24-08-2005, 10:26 PM
or or get the current engine rebuilt. and simply replace the ABS system.

aus91integra
25-08-2005, 09:46 AM
if you are serious about getting a h22 and not worry what car it goes into.. get an eg, ef or dc and the mounting kits are readily available. But IMO get a different car.. then decide with that, as your legend has very limited options if you on a budget.. but if you wish to keep it... then u can rebuild the motor, get regrinds on ya cams etc... wont be value for money horsepower but will give you an increase..

ET!
25-08-2005, 11:08 PM
ah i just want the engine to be like new again, start first time every time, not chasing HP at the moment i just want reliability and VIP styling