PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Headlight Washer

bogan
24-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Heya! Can anyone tell me when the headlight washer is meant to do its thing? Reason i ask is that i got a mate to use the windscreen wiper spray (pulling towards the driver) whilst i stood outside and watched for the headlight washer to pop up, but alas it did not! The wipers and windscreen spray went on, but the headlight washers stayed down. :(

Sulley
24-08-2005, 12:41 AM
your headlights have to be on.
if they're on and it still doesnt pop up, make sure the water is topped up.

jl88rl
24-08-2005, 01:16 AM
your headlights have to be on.
if they're on and it still doesnt pop up, make sure the water is topped up.

That makes sense..

VirIIx
24-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think they also have to be on low beam, not your parkers to also pop up. I remember i was playing around when i first got my car trying to get them to pop up :)

exISeuro
24-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes, the low beams have to be on, but also…

Our car has a 5L water reservoir equipped with 2 pumps. 1 pump located on the base of the reservoir for the windscreen wipers and
a beefer pump for the headlight washers located towards the top. If you use approx 2L of water and there is no longer water for the
top pump then all it does is make noise.

I refill my reservoir at least twice a week cause I’m addicted to using this feature although it doesn’t do much but wet the whole front of the car.

How do I know about the pumps ? I hit a wombat with the front bar and I shattered a piece inside the headlight washer pump.

nexace
24-08-2005, 12:06 PM
How do I know about the pumps ? I hit a wombat with the front bar and I shattered a piece inside the headlight washer pump.

Bugger! :(

VirIIx
24-08-2005, 04:29 PM
although it doesn’t do much but wet the whole front of the car.

so bloody true... all u wanna do is clean the windscreen sometimes and WHAM.. small flicks of water fly back onto the windscreen after it's been wiped nicely.. u wipe it again and it might smudge/screw it up.. you use washers u might get lucky and it doesn't get any water excess from the hood onto the windscreen :|

wombats are tough little buggers... would never want to run into one of them..

bogan
24-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Kool - thanx guys, makes sense. Will try that...!

coladuna
24-08-2005, 11:25 PM
I never use my washers because it leaves water spots on my paintwork. :D

if it becomes that dirty, i'll just give a proper wash.
BTW, I hate people who use windscreen washers on highway when I just did a full detail on my car.

stephen8512
24-08-2005, 11:59 PM
hahahaa coladuna, i always do that to the bastards that are up my arse while cruisin on the highway, tryin to egg me on to go faster.....
give them a quick spary of my jets, water flickers back, they back off
hahahaha

SSML
25-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I think the headlight washer jet is a compulsory feature to come with HID (so as fog lights) . Maybe it's in AUS design rules.. I have noticed all cars come with factory HID have washer jets and fogs.
I assume the main purpose is to defrost or demist in the sub-zero condition. (similar purpose to those older Volvos /saabs with headlight wipers)

SSML
25-08-2005, 10:13 PM
hahahaa coladuna, i always do that to the bastards that are up my arse while cruisin on the highway, tryin to egg me on to go faster.....
give them a quick spary of my jets, water flickers back, they back off
hahahaha

I was once a victim of a idiot who turn his windscreen washer jet to kerbside so he can spray on pedistrens as he drives along... what a loser

PERTH_EURO
26-08-2005, 10:42 AM
I was once a victim of a idiot who turn his windscreen washer jet to kerbside so he can spray on pedistrens as he drives along... what a loser

hahha thats a classic

VirIIx
26-08-2005, 11:20 AM
hahahaha god.. i fell over laughing when i read that.

Pum[Z]
26-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Muhahahaha... :D :D :D