PDA

View Full Version : Where Da Freak is my PCV Valve???

SLPJCooL
24-08-2005, 01:07 AM
It's a D16y4 (Please don't laugh....)
I did a service the other day hoping it'll improve my Fuel Economy. Changed Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Oil Change, Oil filter Change, Power Steering Fluid Change, Brake Pads. I just can't seem to find my PCV Valve. I wanna clean/replace it really bad as the enigine is drinking too much Fuel lately.

Oh btw, for all you Newbies who wanna service their own cars.....It really is POSSIBLE. This was my first ever DIY servicing and I love it. Saved Thousands! You just need a Haynes Manual and search HEAPS on ozhonda.com :D

But back to the topic, It would be excellent if someone can show me a Pic or some sort of where my PCV is....!!!

91OOM
24-08-2005, 06:04 AM
where do you buy haynes manual from?

bennjamin
24-08-2005, 08:28 AM
ur PCV is located on your inlet manifold i believe (should be the same as my D series motor...)Look inbetween the 3rd and fourth injector/intake trumpet (on the passenger side of the engine bay) ON the inlet manifold, and there should be a small rubber hose joining into the small 90 degree plastic adapter.

good luck

joyride
24-08-2005, 11:56 AM
where do you buy haynes manual from?
repco, usually priced at 28 bucks

jimmeh
24-08-2005, 07:56 PM
ur PCV is located on your inlet manifold i believe (should be the same as my D series motor...)Look inbetween the 3rd and fourth injector/intake trumpet (on the passenger side of the engine bay) ON the inlet manifold, and there should be a small rubber hose joining into the small 90 degree plastic adapter.

good luck
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/vuuspec/pcv.jpg

SLPJCooL
25-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Cool guys, Thanx for the Info.
It should be a pretty simple process of pulling it out and checking right?
I dun have to pull out the whole Manifold do I? (Hope not)

SLPJCooL
25-08-2005, 02:08 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/vuuspec/pcv.jpg

Hey jimmeh, Where did you get this Info from? I got a Haynes Manual but it's nothing as clear and detailed as the one you showed me. I'm guessing this is from the Original Honda Service Manual? How much did that cost ya???

bennjamin
25-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey jimmeh, Where did you get this Info from? I got a Haynes Manual but it's nothing as clear and detailed as the one you showed me. I'm guessing this is from the Original Honda Service Manual? How much did that cost ya???

there are a few online manuals out there - this snippet that Jimmeh found, is relevant to quite a few hondas :)

BUT you simply "pull" the PCV out - maybe a pair of needle nose pliers or similar might make it abit easier.

good luck