PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Driver?

LUD02C
24-08-2005, 05:39 PM
I thought this would spark some "discussions" for a while.

Guess who I voted for?

Remember, none of these guys are bad drivers, they are actually all talented top be where they are except S***

jackosimm
24-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Im lost?:confused:

^^v
24-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Webber...
nuff said...

EDIT: lolz @ Schuies name not being listed ... :rolleyes:

LUD02C
24-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Webber...
nuff said...

How could Webber be your most overrated?
He has had the worst car and still qualifys well and has some race pace.

jackosimm
24-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Wait I've found out now, weird the poll wasnt there when I clicked on the thread? or am I blind?
I think I picked the same as you Jase;)

^^v
24-08-2005, 05:50 PM
How could Webber be your most overrated?
He has had the worst car and still qualifys well and has some race pace.

fair call... lolz
i think i let personal feelings cloud my judgement...

my vote still sticks though :D

kousoku
24-08-2005, 05:55 PM
why u think sato is soo overrated?
he's coming equal last which sadly someone must come every year. not everyone can win. =D

jackosimm
24-08-2005, 05:59 PM
He never delivers, my reasoning:thumbdwn:

typsy
24-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeh as much as i like Sato, he never has deliver the goods. BAR will be better off without him.

TwEigh
24-08-2005, 06:17 PM
1000,000,000 % Webber..
William thinks he is better than Nick, and william decide to keep Webber and nick can go somewhere. He is just one of suicidal F1 drivers out there.

I agree on typsy. I like sato but his result is crap, and it is his destiny/fate to get deserted from the main driver seat. and Sato isnt overated. why? because BAR will kick him out next season anyway. IF BAR overrated him, they will still keep him without asking Sato to prove himself.

h17am
24-08-2005, 06:38 PM
YES!!! I voted OTHER FIRST!!!.. haha.. villeneuve gets my pick.

jackosimm
24-08-2005, 06:43 PM
villeneuve isn't so much 'over rated' in my opinion. Like he isnt rated much, no where near enough to be over rated, if you follow.
Like many other drivers there are often talked about and always in the glamour, where as ol boy isnt anywhere IMO.

Vivski
24-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I voted Webber. Just to prove that I'm not as big-a Webber fanboy as I make myself out to be.

I'm basing it on the huge hype he gets here. He's a brilliant driver, but he needs some experience. People talk about him as though he's as good as Schumacher. He's still young and will be doing battle with Button for championships in the next few years.

Button is another who has a huge amount of hype surrounding him. But he has also delivered some fantastic results and performed consistently well.

The others are all evenly matched to their reputation. Schumey is a champ, Kimi is lightning but unlucky, Montoya is a hothead, Alonso is a great driver.
But I think the hype about Webber is a bit over the top.

^^v
24-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm basing it on the huge hype he gets here. He's a brilliant driver, but he needs some experience. People talk about him as though he's as good as Schumacher. He's still young and will be doing battle with Button for championships in the next few years.

Button is another who has a huge amount of hype surrounding him. But he has also delivered some fantastic results and performed consistently well.

The others are all evenly matched to their reputation. Schumey is a champ, Kimi is lightning but unlucky, Montoya is a hothead, Alonso is a great driver.
But I think the hype about Webber is a bit over the top.

agreed...

Hondavirgin
25-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I went for Webber, not because he's especially bad, but just does not live up to the hype, you're as likely to see Heidfeld as the lead Williams as Webber in most cases, and you can't pass that off as the car's fault.

jonbatz01
25-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Definately Webber...
Complained when he was at jaguar...
now still complaining in his dream team.

IRI
25-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Um where the hell is Michael Schumacher in that list?

nEUROtic
25-08-2005, 11:16 AM
FISICHELLA? HELLO!! MOST OVERATED DRIVER EVER

webber also

jackosimm
25-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Why would Schumacher be in there?
So be it people won't and don't like him, but that's for reasons other than being over rated. He delivers the goods and has almost every record possible in F1. No way can people call him over rated, look at this season, him and Ferrari's performance has dropped, and as a result there is a lot less publicity of him, so you can't call him over rated.
Dislike him for other reasons, but he is the best.

nEUROtic
25-08-2005, 11:21 AM
He got all the records while he had the best car ;) Now he doesnt he is struggling. It says a lot for ferrari and schumacher, but it doesnt say a lot for schumacher as a driver.

Having said that, I dont think he is overated as much as others. maybe 2% lol

IRI
25-08-2005, 12:07 PM
He got all the records while he had the best car ;) Now he doesnt he is struggling. It says a lot for ferrari and schumacher, but it doesnt say a lot for schumacher as a driver.

Also the last few years no other team was good enough to challenge ferrari's reliabilty, he may have been the best at the time, but there was no competition.

tRipitaka
25-08-2005, 12:09 PM
makes u wonder how well schumacher would do if he drove for minardi..

jackosimm
25-08-2005, 12:10 PM
And so be it, while him and Ferrari where kicking so much ass, it really doesnt matter how highly rated he is/was

TwEigh
25-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Im not a fan of schumacher. Well eventhough schumy is struggling of Ferrari lack of pace, he is still third in the championship. Look at Barichello with the same car. It really shows that schumy defenietly has the consistency and skill.

Hondavirgin
25-08-2005, 01:48 PM
He hasn't always had the best car, his bennetton wasn't as good as the Williams and he still won, and from memory his Ferrari wasn't the best when he started winning with them either.......

As for Fisichella!!!!, no way is he over-rated, coz no-one rates him, he's quick, been extremely unlucky this year, he's been supporting Alonso by taking all of the bad luck. And a lot of the time he's first or second after the McLarens.....

haha, i shouldn;t get started though, think i'm the only member of the OH Fisichella Fan Club :D

TwEigh
25-08-2005, 01:54 PM
how about that indian driver? kartikayan or something. Everyone thinks that he sucks, even Jordan(one of the bottom team) kick him out next season but he rated HIMSELF too highly.

Hondavirgin
25-08-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't overrate his bank balance!

^^v
25-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't overrate his bank balance!

haha true..
how much is he paying for that drive? a few mil?

hes got MASSIVE backing from indian companies i think...

TwEigh
25-08-2005, 05:05 PM
funny aye.. pay for his drive. so if he crashed his car into pieces would he be liable for the damage? haha
the F1 Rich list says that he is the second poorest driver (he only earn 250k this year), after he spent all his money he earned to pay jordan and etc

Kawasaki
25-08-2005, 05:12 PM
webber, soo much hype over nothing, I remember him saying he hasn't done anything to deserve it. Not a personal attack on him but he does makes mistakes.

LUD02C
25-08-2005, 05:50 PM
I am in the worst mood as it is (just payed rego) and seeing people put Michael on here and saying he has no talent has made me so much more ANGRY! :mad:

I will wait till I calm down and then reply.
Otherwise, lots of **** and you dumb **** etc :D

jackosimm
25-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Breath Jase breath! It will be ok, everythings fine

LUD02C
25-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Anti God people are lucky I didn't have to go to the RTA, (Payed via internet) If I went to the RTA I think I would just about go crazy!

Honestly, how could you say Schumacher's driver skill is being shown now when he is in a bad car. nEUROtic I think I might deducted all your competiton points for that :D

jackosimm
25-08-2005, 06:05 PM
In my opinion, he has got every right in the world to be rated so high, he can be the highest rating, and never be over rated:thumbsup:

LUD02C
25-08-2005, 06:21 PM
For all the anti Schumacher people answer this question yes or no for me please.

Was Mika Hakkenin(sp) overrated?

mj3610
25-08-2005, 06:24 PM
most people voted webber cause thats prob the onli name they recognise on the pole

jackosimm
25-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I think most people voting in the motor sport section would have an understanding

LUD02C
25-08-2005, 07:04 PM
most people voted webber cause thats prob the onli name they recognise on the pole

HA HA HA HA HA
That or keep a progress on him.
Your all AUSTRALIAN and yet you turn on him, I say leave this beautiful country you bandits! :D

jonbatz01
25-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Im dont quite like Schummy but damn he IS the best...
even with a disappointing car, even he started off from the back
he has the skill to make it to the podium...
same goes for Kimi....
cant say the same for Webber, probably will never see him win from the back..

TwEigh
25-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I am the only guy who is being rational in here.. :D

kenshin
25-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Im not a fan of schumacher. Well eventhough schumy is struggling of Ferrari lack of pace, he is still third in the championship. Look at Barichello with the same car. It really shows that schumy defenietly has the consistency and skill.

agreed... like someone else said...
he was winning in the bennetton and williams was miles ahead at that time... joinned ferrari when they were just another mid/high rank team but not top dog...

he's turned ferrari into what they are today with his feedback and knows how to get the max from car setups...

obviously if you put him in a minardi... (top speed 250km) he wouldnt finish in the points... but challenge jordan/maybe? lol

- btw not a m.schumacher fan :)

TwEigh
25-08-2005, 11:44 PM
here u go, one of the proof of me being rational :p

yes true schumy knows how to get out most of the car.
Barichello can go somewhere and eat rice

micka
26-08-2005, 01:26 PM
i'd think it's more likely because the aus media crap on about him, mention him when he's 11th on the grid, crap on about podium finishes, proclaim him "australia's next world champion" and he produces copious amounts of nothing. that by definition is why he's overrated. Just my opinion

Kawasaki
26-08-2005, 05:06 PM
i'd think it's more likely because the aus media crap on about him, mention him when he's 11th on the grid, crap on about podium finishes, proclaim him "australia's next world champion" and he produces copious amounts of nothing. that by definition is why he's overrated. Just my opinion

This statement is correct:thumbsup:

Hondavirgin
26-08-2005, 05:18 PM
and he produces copious amounts of nothing.

haha gold! :D but c'mon now, he does produce plenty of bad starts and one-mistake-and-i'm-calling-it-a-day moments.

EfiOz
26-08-2005, 05:21 PM
No trying to bag the bloke, but there is a lot of guys who raced against him here in Australia and beat him every time.

TwEigh
26-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I kinda feel sorry for Mark webber now. He is indeed trully overrated. Nick got paid much lower than him and has more podium than mark. also more points

maybe we should start
"The Most overconfidence OZhonda members" thread

Hondavirgin
26-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Most of the reasonable ppl in this thread have admitted webber is only overrated coz of the hype the australian media gave him, not coz of anything he's done, so really, its a shot at the aussie media.

If it wasn't for that no-one would really criticise Mark except for underperforming..... he'd be no more criticised than Villeneuve (whose also extremely overrated, far as I'm concerned Williams won that drivers championship, not their driver!)...

X8TEENX
26-08-2005, 07:59 PM
ROFL What will happen if Webber reads this thread

Petronas
26-08-2005, 08:05 PM
I rekon Villeneuve deserves a better drive than sauber to show his talents..... I have faith in Jaques and he will be on top of his 'future' teammate at BMW

Alonso is overrated..... I dont like him..... Mr. Big shot "i'm leading the world chamionship" World championship my ass

Kimi for WDC 2005!

civiceg9
26-08-2005, 11:53 PM
yeah why Michael Schumacher is not on the list
I think he is good but only when he has the good car and tyres under him.
otherwise he will start crash into ppl and say oops

I wish Senna was still alive to take him on and I doubt he would have got that many championships.

jackosimm
27-08-2005, 10:58 AM
ROFL What will happen if Webber reads this thread

Flame us to ashes:p

Vivski
28-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Bring it on! That would be hilarious.
I really think he's got the good to be world champion. Two more seasons in a good team will give him the experience to be consistent and iron out some of his problems.

He's shown what he can do in qualifying, so he has the pace, but does he have the talent of Schumacher and Raikkonen who can bang in lap record after lap record for 15 laps in a row? I guess we'll find out when Williams get their act together. Hopefully the Cosworth deal will be a big step in the right direction.

As far as Schumacher goes... you seriously can't bag someone who has just won everything. It's like saying Valentino Rossi is overrated. Someone who has watched him work his brilliance time and time again will see that he deserves all the praise he gets. He also cops a lot of unwarranted crap from people who don't like him dominating.
I got pissed off at Schumacher these last two years, 'cos he's made mistakes but the Sun has shone out of his arse so he still won the titles. But I have watched him race enough to admire his talent.

TwEigh
28-08-2005, 03:37 PM
He's shown what he can do in qualifying, so he has the pace,

racing isnt about the pace in one lap alone.. its all about being consistent. Pulling quick lap every single lap without slacking off or making mistakes..
qualifying and race are two different thing.

aaronng
28-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Alonso is fast. Just that Kimi is faster. Schumacher is good. Even if he has a bad car this year, he still doesn't end up near the bottom (even if you disregard US GP).

Webber.... .he might be fast, but he has to stop crashing so that he can finish on the podium again.

Oh and x8teenx, if webber read this thread, he'll hunt down each one of us that voted for him and sideswipe into us. haha

LUD02C
28-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, I think everyone has to get off the Webber has to stop crashing bandwagon.
The Williams car is a peice of junk, watch any gp and you can see it is no where near the standards of any top 8 car running.
It doesn't sit through the corners, slow top speed and with all this negative crap he (webber) gets out there a tried so hard to put it in a good point position.

I personally think, you'll be seeing Webber getting a lot of 4th and 5th's positions next year, the Cosworth with be a hit i'm hoping.

When I voted for overrated driver, I looked at what his team-mate has done compared to him and how long he has been in F1 etc and by those things Sato was way ahead.
I can't see how you voted Webber.
I think its because the media circus around him (aust) keeps putting shit on him and expects so much from him but don't understand how bad the car is.
If he was doing an average job he'd be sacked by now (Frank and Patrick are known for that)

TwEigh
29-08-2005, 01:04 AM
wanna bet that we wont be seeing Much webber in 4th and 5th position next year?
:D :D

joshen
29-08-2005, 10:38 AM
ludo2c: ur a very biased individual aren't u?? hehehe. I'm sure u'll have some hefty reply to that.

btw, as much as i dislike schummacher the person u can't deny his talents. anyone who thinks he's overrated needs to get a reality check.

jackosimm
29-08-2005, 01:19 PM
btw, as much as i dislike schummacher the person u can't deny his talents. anyone who thinks he's overrated needs to get a reality check.

Well said. I dont mind people disliking him, but saying he is over rated is just wrong

Zdster
29-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I know that this is a bit OT, but I have always thought that it would be great to take all of these drivers out one day, place them in all the same cars and let them loose on a track. That would then sort out the men from the boys :).

LUD02C
29-08-2005, 03:34 PM
ludo2c: ur a very biased individual aren't u?? hehehe. I'm sure u'll have some hefty reply to that.

Call me Jase dude :)
Biased (only towards Schumacher being god)
With Webber its being loyal to fellow country men.
Peter Winsor blows Australians up monthly in a motorsport mag that I get because we think a dope playing league is more important then Mr Webber.