jonbatz01
24-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I tried a search on HKS extractors
got nothing...
any comments on this header?

pgclee
25-08-2005, 12:13 AM
std header and racing header...

the std header should do you fine...unless you wanna pay an extra of 600aud to get the racing header..looks nice..the flow is good...but for that extra bit of money to spend, i think you better end up spending on TODA header...

i think the size of HKS racing header (1800aud) is the same size as the TODA racing header (ard 1400aud)....or u wanna get a Replica TODA racing header that works the same but diff in weight and it cost half the price of the real stuff?..hehe...

TODA AU
25-08-2005, 06:55 AM
jonbatz01 - save your money. They don't deliver the goods on the dyno.

pgclee - You always complain that people pick on you.
C'mon, seriously, you do kinda ask for it.
Now you're saying replica headers peform as god as the real deal.
Really? I've been tuning Honda's for quite some time now & I'm yet to see a set of these copies that match the peformance of real deal.
If you're going to express an opinion like that, back it up with some data, or perhaps you aught to just change your nic to "Pinch of salt" eh.:rolleyes:

bennyBear
25-08-2005, 08:45 AM
haha,

Extractors are one of the best 'bang for buck' mods you can perform on your car.
At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, however i think that on a modest budget (like my own!) spending upwards of $1000 is getting pretty hefty.

Each to their own though!!

BTW. I know that Car Toys in Adelaide can order in HKS headers, same price as Mugen headers, around the $1700 mark!

If i were you, and i was spending that much money, i'd go for Toda or Mugen purely due to their extended involvement with Honda tuning!

Good Luck.

HRV-80Y
25-08-2005, 09:02 AM
another discussion / thread about headers...

its hard 2 say which is betta these dayz...2 exactly identical cars n headers does not mean the have the same gains...wen it comes 2 honda's n vteccc ive seen sum diff. combinatin fo carz n headers / exhaust pull diff. results...

trial n error...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jonbatz01
25-08-2005, 10:44 AM
im getting the HKS headers for $300
my friends selling it off as he is selling off his car..
Between that and Xforce?
i suppose it would be a good buy?

jonbatz01
25-08-2005, 10:46 AM
any idea wat gains i would get from these?
std and racing?
cant seem to find any info on HKS headers.

Perry
25-08-2005, 01:36 PM
4-1 HKS headers good for top end power, but i realized this on a S2k, hope this helps, thats cheap bro buy it

Lukezen27
25-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Really? I've been tuning Honda's for quite some time now & I'm yet to see a set of these copies that match the peformance of real deal.
If you're going to express an opinion like that, back it up with some data, or perhaps you aught to just change your nic to "Pinch of salt" eh.:rolleyes:

lol TODA

You tell em :p

I would have got TODA but dam you guys!! dont make em for poor little SOHC D16Y1 :(

Whats up with that?

bennyBear
25-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Just be very carefull w/ second hand headers, sometimes engine torque can warp them when they r hot, nearly impossible to fit once you take them off, have a chat to your local exhaust fitter, they'll give you the run down on this situation!!

but yeah, hks for $300 is damn good if they are ok, otherwise i'd be tempted to grab the x-force setup purely cause it would be new!!!!!

pgclee
25-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmm..there is smth i wanna ask...what is so diff from a replica to a Real thing? they are exactly the same, in length, angle, size...just that the material is diff...if u can explain that, i have nothing to say...and remember, those really highly modified honda's never use those 52mm...they are Custom...but they still deliver the power and is still got the potential..

anyway, i'm just comparing, and i didn't ask other's not to buy..and i didnt say TODA headers are not good, and remember one thing, all my internals are TODA parts...and u think that i don't go for real stuff...hmm...u just took it personally...i'm sorry if i anyhow did offended u...okay? chill man...

but outta curiosity, i just really starts wondering, whats a fault in those replica? and do you have the data to prove that the real deal perform much better? it would be nice that u show everyone though...even myself i would be interested to know...cause i have lil knowledge about replica things...

thanx in advance...

BLKCRX
25-08-2005, 07:16 PM
A copy is never as good as the real deal. Period

Regards James

**Ghost**
25-08-2005, 07:34 PM
A copy is never as good as the real deal. Period

Regards James

i gotta ask.......WHY>? weight aside, if the inside of headers and all dimensions are the same... whats going to be the difference?

kenshin
25-08-2005, 07:57 PM
quality of the steel + internal dimensions / flow of exhaust gases...