PDA

View Full Version : Suspension & Rim ideas - Accord Euro

vxexec
20-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

My wife has ordered a black Euro luxury in manual :) and would like to reduce the ride hight a little and perhaps fit 17 or 18 inch wheels.

Could anyone recommend the parts required or workshop who could lower the car an inch or two without comprimising the ride too much - she's more concerned of cosmetics rather than performance and cornering.

Also, could anyone recommend rims that would best suit the look of the car - classy rather than sporty.

ps great forum 8)

Simon

madgrk
20-02-2004, 11:53 AM
First of all, welcome to Ozhonda :) Great choice of car by the way also! If you could let us know a little more about you, such as what area you are from and what width of rim you want to put on then we could help you out a bit. This way we can recommend shops to you in your area :D

Enjoy your stay!

vxexec
20-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I understand that the euro runs a 16x6.5 rim so i guess nothing wider than 7.5 - will this restrict the choice by much? i'm also conscious of fitting rims with the correct offset.

Not having ever bought after market rims, I'd appreciate whatever input anyone has to offer

p.s. I'm from the northern suburbs of melbourne (profile has been updated)

Regards,

Simon

eknine
20-02-2004, 12:05 PM
how abt volks TE-37 rims....so far i have only seen it once, locally on a euro too:)

vxexec
20-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks - i'll take a look

Keep them coming :D

madgrk
20-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Ok well first of all you would probably like to look at a few styles of rims before you go to any shop and order anything. The best site i've ever come across is http://www.tyres.com

They're based in NSW but the pictures will still give you a good indication of what the rim looks like etc. They may also be able to ship to Melbourne if you give them a call, assuming that a local shop down here doesn't have the rim your after.

As for a shop, well i'll leave that to the guys that buy rims all the time hehe. No idea what the offset of the Euro rims are, so can't help ya on that either lol.

But check out the site, it'll give you a good indication of what you can buy etc :)

toE
20-02-2004, 12:09 PM
for springs, im pretty sure Eibach has off-the-shelf ones already made up for the Euro. Dont quote me tho!

for rims, if you're after class, Lowenhart comes to mind.

for your suspension work, maybe look at Suspension City @ North Melbourne, and for rims, maybe try The Tyre Factory in Sunshine.

Hope dat helps.

Do let us know by way of images on the outcome of your "project", aye?

Oh, and welcome to the forums buddy.

vti-2
20-02-2004, 01:14 PM
for your suspension work, maybe look at Suspension City @ North Melbourne

Suspension City do top work. These guys do LOTS of modified cars (including showcars) and at a good price. Go see Damien and he will take care of you. :thumbsup:

vti-2
20-02-2004, 01:18 PM
By the way, here are their contact details.

41 Provost St North Melbourne
(03) 9329-5133

poid
20-02-2004, 01:22 PM
7.5" wide rims are quite common, and shouldn't restrict your choice too much.

What's the budget for the suspension? I would suggest that some nice springs would do the trick to lower it 1.5"-2" or so, the standard shocks should be up to it (and if they arent, well just replace them down the line). Perhaps Eibach springs or something similar? I think they are available to suit the Euro.

Welcome to the site and nice choice in car and colour :D

vxexec
20-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Thanks again for your help

The budget, i suppose, is around $3k for suspension and rims - am I in the ballpark?

1.5 to 2" sounds perfect - low enough to notice but probably not low enough to scrape on every driveway and speed hump.

toE
20-02-2004, 01:52 PM
that sounds like a realistic budget IMO....

razaman
20-02-2004, 08:55 PM
For some style ideas - try this

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/

It might help you find what styles you like the look of.

Congrats on the Euro - post some pics when you have it done.

Raz

Slugoid
21-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Get some Eibach pro springs. It fits in the Accord Euro and from a number of sources, it's great cos it's not too stuff, thus retaining the comforts of the Euro plus less body roll :)

As for rims, I know someone who has Momo Quadsar's on their Accord Euro and they look really nice. Pics here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/vyung/Youyang/DSC00028.jpg

If your wondering, the rims are for sale. Around $1500. Expression of interest atm, so PM me.

A'PEXi
21-02-2004, 04:27 PM
go for some 18 or 19, dronells, lowenharts or brabus wheels :D

vxexec
21-02-2004, 07:01 PM
So it's sounds like Eibachs are the way to go on the suspension side of things

Thanks for all of the ideas regarding rims :) There's certainly some great ideas coming out of the U.S.

I'll post some pics as soon as the mods are complete

toE
22-02-2004, 12:32 AM
go for some 18 or 19, dronells, lowenharts or brabus wheels :D

err...isnt Brabus mainly for Mercedes?? unless they're in the same offset and stud pattern... :)

A'PEXi
22-02-2004, 09:54 AM
yeh they are :D nothing saying you cant put em on if ya want tho lol