PDA

View Full Version : Installing face in dash

Kazaf
24-08-2005, 11:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-CIVIC-92-95-EL-DIAL-GAUGE-MUGEN-NOT-SPOON-PART_W0QQitemZ7995549106QQcategoryZ6775QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Take a look at that link.

How hard is it to install these things?

Sorry for the lack of info.

nexace
25-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I installed something similiar in my coupe. Pretty easy if you know how to take the dash out. The only other thing is, you'll need a multi meter or something similiar to wire it up - unless you know the wires :D

Kazaf
25-08-2005, 12:22 AM
and how in the world would i take the dash out?!!?!?

-MuGen PoWer-
25-08-2005, 08:10 AM
on ur dash theres 2 screws on the top of where ur speedo is, take them out.
Get a screw driver and pop out your hazard light button and disconnect it or remove screws behind it (not too sure since i had an EG before) the black part should come off when you pull it off. its all clipped on.
The cluster is now visible to you, so remove the screws you see holding down the cluster. unplug the cluster at the back and it should come out.
Now remove the clear plastic face of the cluster by undoing the clips.
The face is just sleeves that you put over the top of your original cluster. Make sure you screw the sleeves on

Laner
26-08-2005, 01:04 AM
if it helps..... im a dumbass with most fiddly stuff like this, but, i just managed 2 install a set 2day. wasnt difficult at all. looks tidy 2!

TYPE-ONE
27-08-2005, 06:11 AM
its easy man. undo the two screws holding dash trim. theres one behind hazard light. rip it out. take four screws holding cluster out. pull the rubber thing off the stick thing that resets your kms. push the tabs and take the plastic cover off.

undo gauge screws. slowly put the indiglo sleeves in. put screws back. wire it up. onli a few wires. put all the shit back together.

and there you go. white face indiglo dials

Zimp13
25-02-2006, 11:49 PM
sorry this is an old thread.... does anyone know how to wire the dial? black wire can go to the body of the car... but with the red wire, how do i check which one is the right wire that goes with the red one? i got a multimeter but i havent got a clue how to use it.... can anyone help?

Boban
26-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Find the thick loom (bunch of wires) somewhere around your ignition. Take the plastic off and you'll see it. Turn your lights on and see which wire gives off signal on the multimeter. Make sure it reads zero when you turn the lights off. And there will be 2 wires giving signals-one being constant so you can start your car, do not use that wire. Use the wire that gives off a reading only when your lights are on. Wire your red wire to that one (on my EG it's green with red line) and you're set. If you want any more help pm me mate. I just installed mine 2 days ago and they look awsome, well i think so :).

Boban

xcwizit
27-02-2006, 12:22 AM
yeh i wana instal sumfing similar..
shoudnt be too hard.. all clips for hondas ive noticed, not much screwsss