PDA

View Full Version : [CD5] Heater temp. control

nickiipoohz
25-08-2005, 07:54 AM
hey is it possible to calibrate the hotness of the heater with a climate control system. When i say calibrate i mean like make "max" hotter. I know for the normal heater systems, you can just change the length of the heater valve. So if any1 knows how, please tell lol. Thanks

ECU-MAN
26-08-2005, 10:03 PM
dont think you can on the CD5 with climate controll, it uses a servo, although the non climate control you can.

h22a accord
27-08-2005, 10:02 AM
ecu-man? can you calibrate the non climate control to be cooler? My heater is really really really hot and the air con isnt very cold.

My gas is only 12 months old, the radiator fins have good flow and my engine never runs hot.

ECU-MAN
27-08-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah you can
CD5 have a bad habbit of slipping the heater cable, tend to go to far one way that the other if not adjusted corectly,

best to adjust it for the cold side. all as long as your air cond is 100%, it will get colder

Mike_
27-08-2005, 06:25 PM
How do you adjust that? I have the same problem

h22a accord
28-08-2005, 11:38 AM
ah its good to know that ecu man. Any tips on how to DIY?

Spoon-Accord
28-08-2005, 12:01 PM
i put my hand into the engine bay.. and flick the switch thing where the cable leads to..

ecu man show us how its doing bro!

ECU-MAN
28-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I wish I could show you, but I no longer have a CD5

Ill describe it for ya, hope it makes sence

open your pasanger door, look under the glovebox more to the center console, you will see a black removable cover held in with a plastic clip, remove that cover.

now move you hot/cold leaver to see which lever moves, this is the one we want to adjust. unclip the outer part of the cable from its mounting clip ( carefull not to damage the outer part of the cable) move your hot/cold knob all the way to cold then move the leaver the inner part of the cable was mounted to all the way to the cold position, mount the inner part of the cable to the pin on the leaver and while holding the hot/cold knob all the way to cold put the outer part of the cable back in its holder.

now move the hot/cold knob from hot to cold slowly looking at the cable. make sure the outer part of the cable does not move in its holder or all the above is a waist of time. if it does move the cable is rooted and need to be repaired or replaced.

there is no need to adjust he heater tap if you havnt touched it, if you have played with it set the hot/cold knob all the way to cold, and adust the heater tap same as above.

good luck, let me know how you get on. if your not sure about the bits im talking about, take a photo and Ill point it out to you guys.

i put my hand into the engine bay.. and flick the switch thing where the cable leads to..

ecu man show us how its doing bro!

h22a accord
29-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks ecu man, i'll give it a go. :)