PDA

View Full Version : starting problem... fuel pump not turning on/phantom cel

saxman
26-08-2005, 03:13 AM
so I've been in the midst of a clutch change on my crx(usdm 88 dx with a b18a). After getting that all taken care of(huge hassle), the car won't start. It'll crank and crank and crank, but won't start. The fuel pump doesn't seem to be priming when I turn the key to the on position, the fuse for it checks out ok. Also, the check engine light comes on when I put the key to the on position, but never goes off(normally it'll go off shortly there after, with an audible click from the main relay... not getting a click either). When I try to look at the ecu to see what code I'm getting, the led doesn't blink.

any ideas?

ginganggooly
26-08-2005, 08:45 AM
try swapping with a known good main relay and see if that helps, they are reasonably cheap. if you know anyone with the same car, even better...

saxman
26-08-2005, 10:26 AM
pulled the main relay, resoldered the connections, works great now

zco
26-08-2005, 10:48 AM
OMG ! this is happenig to parents car atm. its been like that for 3 or so months . it still starts.. but takes a while.. cranks for a while,.. then it starts. took it to hanny's for a service, the tall guy.. looks like aussie fella.. ressetted ECU, and still not working. it worked at the time.. then we took it home, and its still the same. if the engine was just on.. then it will start normally, if its been sitting there for about 15minutes, then it will just crank again. HELP GUYS!

also.. the engine light turns off.. but when it doesnt click, is when it starts to crank. if it clicks, then no crank. far outt...

SKREMN
27-08-2005, 12:45 AM
happends all the time
when the relay gets warm it want work
if let to cool down will work again

saxman
27-08-2005, 03:01 AM
it was perfectly cool several times...

of course after driving the car around, I came back to it a few hours later and now it won't start again... only instead of cranking and cranking and cranking like before, now it won't do anything when I turn the key

baby_c
27-08-2005, 03:11 AM
what do u mean wont do anything...? have u got any reds?? coz if u have no reds try cleaning the battery terminal.. my mates car had the same prob the other day and all i did was take the positive berminal off, cleaned it and placed it bak on... works fine now!!!

saxman
27-08-2005, 04:02 AM
got it working... turns out the starter kill wire from the alarm had came disconnected, some shitty crimp job by the installer, and as such, no starter

what else can coincidentally go wrong at the same time? stay tuned to find out!

ginganggooly
27-08-2005, 09:18 AM
what else can coincidentally go wrong at the same time?

if you have my level of luck, your ignitor module will shit itsself and the tach will start bouncing all over the place, then the oem fuel pump will seize. while you are testing out your new walbro 255lph pump, the radiator top tank will explode.
and someone once told me hondas were reliable ;)

saxman
27-08-2005, 04:37 PM
well, drove it around for quite a while today...

no problems yet

I'm keeping the tool set in the car just in case