PDA

View Full Version : Civic hatch EG tacho install

Justified
26-08-2005, 06:59 PM
hey guys,

i've got a civic hatch EG.

it doesnt have a tachometer in the dash so i went and bought a cheap one from supercheap auto.

I'ts time for me to install it.

I've read the instructions and i know how to connect up the power and everything. The only thing i don't know how to connect up is this GREEN wire. The instructions say to 'wire it through the firewall and connect it to the coil terminal which has the small wire leading to the distrubutor'.

I was hoping for someone to show me a pic of where the coil terminal and distributor is in a civic EG.

I'd really appreciate it. Any other tips that would help me with the install would be awesome.

Cheers.

Sitwy
27-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I am not sure if your ecu got the RPM wire.....
just connect the green wire onto your ecu RPM wire....and power wire.....then it should work...

just go on the net and search your ecu wiring diagram!!!...

Weq
28-08-2005, 12:20 AM
of course his EFI ecu has an rpm wire. i thnk even the carby models still have an rpm wire at there 'ecu'. i cant remmber the pinout on the ecu though. google for a civic workshop manual.

as for the dist/coil, the coil is inside the dizzy, and the dizzy is on the opposite end of the came cover as the timing belt cover/cam gear.

StOo
31-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Was searching around for info for my Breeze and found this. Did everything work out for you Justified?

I want to put an SI dash in my Breeze, but I don't know if the tacho will work as my engine is a carby (does it have all the wires I need?).

rice_civic
22-03-2006, 12:43 PM
anyone know if this will work?
i have a breeze and im sick of not having a tacho

civ_sik
22-03-2006, 01:13 PM
should be a direct plug and play......

Eclipsor
22-03-2006, 10:50 PM
The breeze does have an rpm wire to the ecu. I had a RSM connected on mine. Good luck finding a ecu pinout diagram though. I checked out a workshop manual at a dealer. Just look for the wire connecting to the coil in the diagram and follow it back.