PDA

View Full Version : why some car has more problems than another same year model car?

Jazzle
26-08-2005, 10:47 PM
it may sound stupid.. but i wonder y some cars have mroe problems than others that are in same year and model... (talking about brand new car)

my gf bought a 2002 civic brand new.. and her car is having heaps of problem.. like suspensions, lights short circuit... and comparing to my friend's civic which was bought aroudn same time ... isproblem free and heaps quiet??

does it gotta do with which dealer u buy ur car from?? my gf bought the car from larke hoskins.. and i dont have good impression tothem.. + their service fee charge is sooooo expensive... if anyone of u havenoticed :confused:

|N|
26-08-2005, 10:50 PM
its more like to do with how u good u take care of the car

Chi
26-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Could be millions of things.

Could be poor quliaty part used/made by a lazy worker.

Poor installation or maintenance by a mechanic.

Different driving styles to each car and road conditions it has travelled on..

Basically its a question that has many possibilities.

Speeder
26-08-2005, 10:54 PM
No cars are ever built exactly the same, they are so many variables to consider. Employees could of been having a bad day and didnt feel like putting the car together properly, other employee could of had an hangover etc....There are million variables.

Jazzle
26-08-2005, 11:18 PM
so it shouldn't be a probelm with dealership as they just take watever they are given right?

mj3610
26-08-2005, 11:55 PM
and her car is having heaps of problem.. like suspensions
what have u been doin in the car ;) ??? some things can put alot of stress on the suspension. hehehe

nexace
27-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Could be anything and it's luck of the draw. Brand new cars have problems too just the same as everything else; tv's, washing machines, etc.

I had a friend who bought a brand new Statesman a couple of years back. Broke down 10 minutes after he left the dealership.

mj3610
27-08-2005, 01:02 AM
my sisters VT commodore power steering pump has been leaking since she bought it in 98, shes replaced it 4x i think.

EuroAccord13
27-08-2005, 01:37 AM
There is no guarantee of any parts working perfectly.. Sometimes... it just slips past the QC....

Spoon-Accord
27-08-2005, 01:40 AM
ahh comes down to.. S*%t happens..

your dunno when its gonna break or tear..

its like the human body.. no one knows when its gonna break down.. it just does :D

Kenny

jamchen
27-08-2005, 10:38 AM
ot might be a bit off topic, but is there any laws against lemon cars? i mean, in the State, if your car has ben in to the dealer for certain times with in 4 or 6 months, you can calim the car as lemon car and you have the right to ask the dealer to replce it with a brand new one...

jackosimm
27-08-2005, 10:53 AM
What I always belive is that:
With all the production lines and mostly robotic these days, all the parts are assembled in one or a couple of spots.
These parts are already made, if you get the last piece made before that machine gets a service, it is most likely poorer quality to the first 100 that it made.
If you get a car with a majority of pieces made just before the machines needed servicing, the car will be of slightly poorer quality.

Just my theory;)

aaronng
27-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, robotics is only used for stamping, welding and painting. Electronics wiring are still installed in the car by hand, as well as suspension components. Doors are also bolted on by hand, with assistance from a suspended arm that holds the door.

jackosimm
27-08-2005, 02:38 PM
shut me up then;)

Chi
27-08-2005, 08:22 PM
shut up jack.

aaronng
27-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Look for the BMW e46 assembly video. It's a good watch! The part that impressed me most was the spray painting. Zero error with robotic spray arms! Oh, and the fact that they dyno the car just before it leaves the assembly line. LOL. Baby your engine during breaking in? Hah.. I think it's better to run in the drivetrain since the engine got a pretty hard run from factory. Haha.

n/a
28-08-2005, 01:39 AM
i think what he's asking is "do you guys think that the deal has anything to do with the car being so faulty" right? :o

i don't think the dealers really have much to do with brand new cars.
it's really matter of luck from the factory, it's a probability game.

btw, this guy bought a holden (forget what exactly) and it had a shit load of problems. he took it back to the dealer, it was covered by warranty, they fixed it, had problems again and again, covered by warranty again and again. but what ended up happening was that guy was saying this is bs and that he wants his money back because the car was so unrealiable. but dealers said "can not" :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: took it court, court said "can not".

BSRacer
28-08-2005, 10:57 AM
It was probably a friday or a monday car, workers were either hungover or wanted to go home and did a half assed job. It happens.

Steer^Gimic
28-08-2005, 12:13 PM
It was probably a friday or a monday car, workers were either hungover or wanted to go home and did a half assed job. It happens.

lol. wouldnt it be good if the build date was more precise. say, built date was friday, 4:50pm 10/06/19xx.

sorry mate, not buying it, it was built on a friday arvo.
ahhh, the possibilites.

Jazzle
28-08-2005, 06:25 PM
hahahahahaha... orrr that will be excellent.. when everyone buys their car.. we ask "I would like a honda jazz made on xx/xx/xx @ xx:xxpm"

aaronng
28-08-2005, 06:38 PM
hahahahahaha... orrr that will be excellent.. when everyone buys their car.. we ask "I would like a honda jazz made on xx/xx/xx @ xx:xxpm"
Imagine the price premium they could chage asians if they sold those built on 8/8/2008, 8:00am/pm. :D

KB
28-08-2005, 09:03 PM
its just the way it is baby

Zdster
29-08-2005, 01:20 PM
I think it is all a question of luck. I have heard of stories of cars with top build quality producing lemons.

samsider
30-08-2005, 06:05 PM
its just bad luck i guess or maybe

one of the car dealers was thrashing that car around before they sold it.

jackosimm
30-08-2005, 07:48 PM
one of the car dealers was thrashing that car around before they sold it.

This most certainly does happen, however the significance is very little and would not really make the car a lemon unless it was taken to a track for the day!