PDA

View Full Version : are the 1990 crx's any good????

nolimit
27-08-2005, 01:18 PM
hey, im new to the forums. i recently purchased a 1990 honda crx, i have a few questions as im having doubts about keeping this car.

1) are they any good mechanically as a daily driver?
2) are they cheap on parts? (Mechanically and body)
3) what are common problems that come with this car?
4) any tips?

any replies/suggestions or help is greatly appreciated :)

:honda:

BSRacer
27-08-2005, 03:22 PM
If well looked after the d16 is quite reliable. Common problems with this sort of car are leaking power steering, rusty sunroof, leaking hatch. It really depends on what condition it is in mechanically. Hondas are mechanically quite good but its a 15yo car so you could have any number of problems. Parts can be expensive but then what car is cheap to repair? Commodores?

j3z3z
27-08-2005, 05:31 PM
in the long run what problems may occour with the car will be easy to get fixed cause you will save plenty of money on fuel! also they are very good handling cars. keep it get it looked at look after it. and you wont regret it

Snoop_gee
27-08-2005, 05:36 PM
why get a gen2 crx if ur going to have seconds thoughts?:mad: I got to admit once u get all issues resolved its a sweet as ride.Which has been refered to as the fun small zippy go-cart All issues big or small varying on the condition of the car.:confused:

U get a crx cause u want it so bad over any other car. Not cause it's in season :thumbdwn:

mr crex
27-08-2005, 05:54 PM
I owned a 91 CRX for 6 years, had done just over 300,000km's on the original engine without a rebuild before I did an engine swap to a B16A Vtec engine.

like any car... they will only be as reliable as you are as a driver... treat the car like s*it and you'll have problems ... look after it and keep it well maintained with regular services and you should be fine.

but yes, the main things to look out for are rust in the sunroof, leaks in the boot, powersteering pump and brake booster leaks and the electric windows work properly.

BiGANG
27-08-2005, 06:49 PM
hey, i have had a gen 2 for over 3 years now (first car) and it was awesome for reliability and i never really had any problems. Actually, i had to change the brake master when i first got it (about 120 for a reco one and put in myself) and put in a new fuel pump a little while ago (cant remember how much $$$ but was pretty cheap) as everyone else said rust in the sunroof is common, mine had it.

You shouldnt really have any problems if you treat her good. Keep the crx dude. nice choice, plus they look shit hot

nolimit
28-08-2005, 12:43 PM
thanks for all your replies :) i've had the car for a week now, so far ive had the back disc bearings done and a new fuel pump. when i was in school i used 2 luv these things, its only now ive decided to change my corolla ways and jump on the crx train. i also got the rust on the sunroof option, but you cant see it :D

i've just been offered a 1995 crx targa top at an awesome price so im thinking of letting this one go............. which is a bummer as its soooo clean and worth doing up. but well see what happens :)