PDA

View Full Version : window wind up when alarm is armed

94accordexi
28-08-2005, 12:32 PM
hey guys, i have a vision alarm (not sure of the exact model) and i am interested in buying one of these jaycar kits to add onto my alarm to wind the windows up when i arm the alarm. here's the link http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LR8853&CATID=&keywords=car+alarm&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

the question is, will my alarm be compatable with this kit? is it a simple matter of plugging the jaycar kit into my existing alarm module??

SKREMN
28-08-2005, 01:15 PM
It depends on the exact model of the alarm you currently have
you need trigger outputs to tell the lift kit when to operate
It may be able to just plug in to it, if not you may have to deal with relays and so on very complicated I have like 5 under my dash and 5 lift modgels
I can control window OPEN and CLOSE as well as the sunroof from my remote

94accordexi
28-08-2005, 03:13 PM
ahh ok thanks mate, that seems ok to me. another question - does the alarm supply power to the windows for a certain amount of time? if so, how does it know when the windows are fully up?

SKREMN
28-08-2005, 04:10 PM
The aram will only supply a trigger to the window lift modgel and then that lift modgel will take care of the rest
I think it works off a spike in the line when it hits top and turn off not too shure but
This is not dependant upon the arlarm

94accordexi
28-08-2005, 04:25 PM
awesome mate, appreciate you're help with that. i'll check it all out and see how it goes!

SKREMN
28-08-2005, 04:28 PM
no worries

Timbo82
30-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Can anyone tell me if the windows are positive or negative trigger? I'm trying to put one of these in my 94 Teg.
Cheers guys