PDA

View Full Version : Type R intake manifold on a EK4

[DC2]
28-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi guys, Just a question. If I was to put a type r intake manifold with injectors on a b16a, would it make much of a difference in performance?
and would i have to tune the ecu? does anyone know? :confused:

CTR Coupe
28-08-2005, 07:58 PM
i think you actually loose power without ecu tuning but that might have been an aftermarket manifold.

EGB16A
28-08-2005, 08:36 PM
From what i understand, you lose power with just the IM. From what i've reasearched, to make it all work, cams and headers should also be addressed. An of course, tuning always helps.

ask pro-ecu, he will give you an exact answer, cause i think he's tuned many combinations involving type R cams, type R manifold, etc etc.

BLKCRX
28-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Injectors on a b18c7 engine are the same as a b16 ;) Honda just increase the fuel pressure form 38psi to 42psi.
Bolting a manifold on using the standard ECU will typically give a lazy idle, due to the throttle body being larger, and I belive the idle control valve is also slightly different also.
As far as max power goes, without changing the tune more air doesn’t = more power. Typically you will lose power, although no one can predict what will happen with you car. Iv had some engines die in the arse by doing intake modifications, and some engines love it. Every engine and every setup, every intake, every header, every exhaust is different. Correct combination is the key with correct tuning.

Regards James

[DC2]
29-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for that guys.

wynode
30-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Adrian from Toda Racing Australia has done some test and if you just change ONLY the intake manifold, there is a small power loss. Not sure about dying in the arse though James ;)