PDA

View Full Version : supercharge or turbo?

asiansquad
28-08-2005, 07:08 PM
i'm thinking of either supercharging my jazz or turbo charging my jazz.

which one is better at a lower cost and what is required for it to be done?

BLKCRX
28-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Is there a Jaz supercharger kit ? I did’t think there was one.

Either option for your engine would be a great improvement, although you will have to consider something like Autronic or Motec to run your engine which is 3500+ install + tuning. Sadly the lack of support for aftermarket parts in the Jaz is very small. This is why people do k20 engine swaps so your on a platform where modifications and aftermarket support is there.

Regards James

asiansquad
28-08-2005, 07:23 PM
k20 swap will cost way too much

gonan set me back @ like 15k.

i think there's a few jazz turbo kits around..but i'm not sure how they are =\

anna1984
29-08-2005, 09:48 PM
turbocharge it budie...

get a lil turbo, bigger fuel injectors, ecu, frontmount if it fits, custom manifold & run 6psi and you'll be flying like a rocket hehe
that should double your output!! =)

rom5
29-08-2005, 09:59 PM
turbocharge it budie...

get a lil turbo, bigger fuel injectors, ecu, frontmount if it fits, custom manifold & run 6psi and you'll be flying like a rocket hehe
that should double your output!! =)

Damn girl im impressed, u know ur stuff aye?!!?

yeah, boost dat shiet!!

IndoStyler
31-08-2005, 08:21 PM
ohh wow...i want a gf like u who knows her stuff!!!! lol

chuck in the turbo bro...that would be nice to see a jazz with so much boost

anna1984
31-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Damn girl im impressed, u know ur stuff aye?!!?

yeah, boost dat shiet!!

hahaha thats just the basic stuff i know =)
if we go more inta detail then i would have no idea.

yeahh mayb if i boost my lil beast then id learn alot more

anjingbalap
07-09-2005, 11:39 AM
when i read the Japs magazine.. I read about the Super CHarge Vs Turbo Jazz.....

if ur jazz is Supercharge... u cannot activate the VTEC on jazz

if u using turbo.. u can activate VTEC with extra Turbo boost

but i donno is it true or not...

joonix
13-09-2005, 01:16 AM
when i read the Japs magazine.. I read about the Super CHarge Vs Turbo Jazz.....

Utter crap. Please read up on the fundamentals of forced induction.

asiansquad
13-09-2005, 01:19 AM
how does supercharging stop vtec from engaging?

saxman
13-09-2005, 02:27 AM
how does supercharging stop vtec from engaging?
it doesn't

anjingbalap
13-09-2005, 11:20 AM
i donno.. man.. i just read from japanese magazine..

if u ask me... i ask who?

keric_02
14-09-2005, 04:54 PM
i'd go turbo, it sounds better and you cant beat that lil kick a turbo gives off :)

Jus-10
14-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a feeling that reason why vtec won't work with a supercharger is because they stick the blower where the vtec solenoid is and thus remove it rendering complete lack of VTEC!!!

It has nothing to do with the properties of forced induction by way of supercharging, but because of physical restraints in the tiny engine bay.

That is my understanding of the situation anyway...

BLKCRX
14-09-2005, 06:44 PM
OH MY GOD what the !! A supercharger won’t work because the vtec solenoid gets in the way .. lol well that’s the biggest and funniest load of internet lies iv read in a long time.

Vtec will work with anything !! nitrous ! supercharging and turbo charging and of course naturally aspired modifications…. PERIOD.
Infact any form of forced induction vtec engines LOVE.

Regards James

wynode
14-09-2005, 10:58 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about then PLEASE do not post and spread false information. Keep the replies related to the question.

I think the problem with supercharging is getting a supercharger to fit the Jazz. Turbo might be a better option and will most probably give your more power if you require later on. There have been a few threads on supercharging VS turbocharging so a starting point would be to search for those topics.

EDIT:

Here is some reading for you:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23067&page=1&pp=12&highlight=supercharge+turbocharge
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22186&highlight=super+turbo

anjingbalap
15-09-2005, 06:05 AM
wat the hell dont be so cocky... did u read.. man... if i know.. should i give asking.. stupid..

if u smart why u still looking in forum... start open some f*ken shop then

EG5
15-09-2005, 08:57 AM

Whatever magazine that you read , its giving a false information.
LOL

TECBOY
15-09-2005, 11:42 AM
the question is y supercharge or turbocharge a jazz

saxman
15-09-2005, 02:57 PM
the question is y supercharge or turbocharge a jazz
I know a lot of people that would say that about any honda

davidd
15-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Supercharge :) :P

joonix
15-09-2005, 11:02 PM
wat the hell dont be so cocky... did u read.. man... if i know.. should i give asking.. stupid..

if u smart why u still looking in forum... start open some f*ken shop then

English mother ****er. Do you speak it?

Here are some pointers :

1) Don't abuse other members, especially long standing ones such as wynode.

2) Makes sure that your posts are resonably free from spelling and gramatical errors.

3) If you do not have a sound understanding of a topic, then do not post. It is obvious that you do not understand the principles of forced induction or VTEC. Repeating information from other sources without verifying it is detrimental to the quality of this forum.

This is friendly advice. I am not a moderator, but I suggest that you take it on board if you wish to have sucessful conversations with technically minded forum members.

ACTI0NMAN-1
15-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I was under the same impression that some superchargers dont allow for the vtec solenoid, and were designed for the non vtec engines. I suppose some others will work, it would just depend on if the manufacturer of the supercharger has allowed for it.

aaronng
16-09-2005, 12:07 AM
I was under the same impression that some superchargers dont allow for the vtec solenoid, and were designed for the non vtec engines. I suppose some others will work, it would just depend on if the manufacturer of the supercharger has allowed for it.
From what I know, VTEC is activated electronically as soon as you pass the set RPM point. Once passed, an signal is sent to the solenoid, which then activates to pass high pressure oil to the VTEC mechanism, thus pushing the locking pin(s) to lock the rocker to follow the large cam lobe.

So it doesn't matter if you supercharge, turbocharge, use nitrous (as blkcrx says, he has the knowledge) or strap a jet engine to your roof, as long as the VTEC solenoid is there, your 3-lobe (2 for VTEC-E) cam shaft and rockers are good and engine is warmed up, and your ECU can send the signal to the solenoid at that set RPM, VTEC will work.

saxman
16-09-2005, 06:45 AM
From what I know, VTEC is activated electronically as soon as you pass the set RPM point. Once passed, an signal is sent to the solenoid, which then activates to pass high pressure oil to the VTEC mechanism, thus pushing the locking pin(s) to lock the rocker to follow the large cam lobe.

So it doesn't matter if you supercharge, turbocharge, use nitrous (as blkcrx says, he has the knowledge) or strap a jet engine to your roof, as long as the VTEC solenoid is there, your 3-lobe (2 for VTEC-E) cam shaft and rockers are good and engine is warmed up, and your ECU can send the signal to the solenoid at that set RPM, VTEC will work.
I beleive the point they were getting at is that the supercharger physically gets in the way of the VTEC solenoid.... which I really can't picture how that would happen. Obviously no solenoid=no VTEC. But any s/c that has to remove the solenoid(which I really doubt actually happens) would have to be so poorly designed it wouldn't be worth using anyway.

Also, there are a variety of superchargers out there, surely if one causes that issue, they aren't all that poorly designed. So the proper thing to say in this case, if it is actually an issue, is that X brand supercharger doesn't allow vtec, not that superchargers don't.

asiansquad
04-10-2005, 12:07 AM
hmmm..what problems will i be looking at if i don't replace any internals? would it be ok if i just leave it on 6psi?

and what are the costs? also..does it mean my vafc is useless after turboing the car??

ROLLED
05-10-2005, 11:49 PM
the jazz looks crap, why not save your money and buy a better car?

asiansquad
06-10-2005, 12:26 AM
and what car do u drive?