PDA

View Full Version : Euro 05 upgrades

aleksandrov
29-08-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm about to buy a Euro Luxury 05 (manual). I wonder if anybody here can help me with the following questions, since the dealers seem to be pretty clueless:

1. Will the Acura TSX 05 A-Spec suspension kit fit the Euro 05? Has anybody tried it?

2. Has anybody here tried Bilstein shocks on the Euro? Does anybody have any idea how they would compare to Koni Yellow (which is what I have on my current Integra) for comfort and handling (adjustability on the Konis aside)? Btw, if I were to get any of these two shock options I would probably match them to Eibach Pro-Kit springs, but I'd be interested in any insight as to how the Eibachs (which I have on my current car) compare to H&R (which I haven't tried).

3. Will the Integra Type S steering wheel (which is apparently shared by the Japanese Euro R) fit into the Euro without any problems with the airbag?

4. Is it possible to install an aftermarket head-unit (I have an Alpine MiniDisc player in my current car that I want to keep) into the Euro without having to disconnect the factory CD stacker?

Any insight will be much appreciated.

stephen8512
29-08-2005, 05:03 PM
1. i dont see why not as the TSX is essentially our euro here. just diff name and badging. chassis wise its still the same.....but not 100%

2. koni w/ eibachs is a popular setup for euro and very reliable. heard nothing but praises from this setup

3. im assuming u could fit any sort of aftermarket or OEM wheel on the euro but of course you wouldnt have access to the volume control or the cruise control....so i dunno how legal this will be...

4. yes it is possible to install an aftermarket headunit. u have to install it in the centre console. PERTH_EURO has done it to his and it looks mighty fine. he uses his 6 stacker as a CD holder. the functionality of it hasnt been compromised and its hard to take out the original h/u anyway cuz its integrated also as the a/c controller

EuroAccord13
29-08-2005, 06:16 PM
1. A few members including myself have bought after-market parts meant for the TSX and it fitted our Euros just fine (Headers, Exhausts, S/Shifter, CAIs etc) I will be quite surprised if the A-Spec sussy doesn't fit but better check to confirm... :)

2. I think the best is to go read it all up in the TSX forums.. They test everything! :D

3. Can't answer that but with a Boss Kit perhaps and also, the complications of an air bag steering wheel...

4. As stephen8512 mentioned, it's been done..