PDA

View Full Version : time to upgrade the exhaust

h22a accord
29-08-2005, 04:48 PM
hey guys,
Ive got an accord with jdm h22a, it's running the OEM JDM headers and A pipe which i want to keep. Everything behind it i want to scrap and replace with 2.25" mild steel mandrel bent piping with stainless x-force hi flo cat, stainless x-force CT02 resonator and stainless x-force PT01 twin upswept tip muffler.

What are your thoughts? will it be too loud?

Weq
29-08-2005, 04:51 PM
ive heard garret make a good exhaust for the h22's. GT30 or something. check it out.

honda_b_blastn
29-08-2005, 05:42 PM
shouldnt be too loud
Im using same headers,2.5inch mandrel bent,high flow cat,and rear cannon.Mines very loud tho.

h22a accord
30-08-2005, 09:29 AM
ive heard garret make a good exhaust for the h22's. GT30 or something. check it out.

funny kant:D

Weq
30-08-2005, 05:54 PM
other then that, the exhaust sounds alright. id go 2.5" though... i got a catco hi-flow from a guy on skylinesaustralia.com was around 190 shipped. 2.5" should be cheaper.

preludacris
30-08-2005, 10:00 PM
how much does it usually cost for say

2.5 inch mandrel bent piping from cat back ? stainless steel.

i was told at chasers in melbourne it will be up to $700 bux!! isn't that a bit steep?

then on top of that cost is $450 for the muffler hi flow cat and resonater...

anybody know if chasers are good? and if this set up it too expensive or something.

i got an h22a like u mate, but in the 95 lude.

h22a accord
31-08-2005, 09:24 AM
other then that, the exhaust sounds alright. id go 2.5" though... i got a catco hi-flow from a guy on skylinesaustralia.com was around 190 shipped. 2.5" should be cheaper.

thnaks for the info weq ;) Ive already got 2.5" with accord cat, no name resonator ( not hot dog style , its a clyndrical one and is not giving me enough ground clearance) and a lukey muffler ( not straight through )

Ive been having problems with the exhaust due to a dodgy exhaust shop that made it. the whole middle section of the exhaust hangs lower than it should/could ( hits every speed hump imaginable, the hangers are held to the rubbers with zip ties cos they put the hangers in the wrong spots. the welds joining the mufflers have broken 4 times etc etc.

dodgy fockers but they have been no help and im of the opinion if they cant do it properly the first time they will never be able to.

I also want to go down a size in piping to 2.25" to try and keep the noise down a bit and pick up a little more mid range torque.

I have found another place to do my exhaust and other people that have gone there have nothing but praise for their work and the prices are reasonable.

the place that did my exhaust the 1st time charged me alot of money for a shit job....im not going to bother trying to get them to fix it again cos they aready have about 5 times and its still focked...i just wont go back there and i will tell everyone that they do crap work.

Weq
31-08-2005, 05:27 PM
stainless steel is expensive.. double the price of a mild steel exhaust.

preludacris
01-09-2005, 11:19 AM
u would recomend mild steel over stainless?

mj3610
01-09-2005, 11:36 AM
how much is this setup gonna cost u? i know my friend with a sss went to liverpool exhaust and he got the whole setup for 1.1g and it made a HUGE difference in performance and u can hear his car from a km away.

yourfather
01-09-2005, 01:04 PM
how much does it usually cost for say

2.5 inch mandrel bent piping from cat back ? stainless steel.

i was told at chasers in melbourne it will be up to $700 bux!! isn't that a bit steep?

then on top of that cost is $450 for the muffler hi flow cat and resonater...

anybody know if chasers are good? and if this set up it too expensive or something.

i got an h22a like u mate, but in the 95 lude.

get some of the traders to find you a cat back & muffler. they'll prolly be cheaper than that with change for a carton of cigarettes

viperx
06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=h22a accord]thnaks for the info weq ;) Ive already got 2.5" with accord cat, no name resonator ( not hot dog style , its a clyndrical one and is not giving me enough ground clearance) and a lukey muffler ( not straight through )

I also want to go down a size in piping to 2.25" to try and keep the noise down a bit and pick up a little more mid range torque.

hey man, the lukey uve got, is it the one with one s shaped bend in it? that muffler is extremely loud... all it seems to do is cut out the higher freq and the crap when you lift the throttle... i haven't tried the xforce you said but if the lukey is the one i used to have, pretty much everything will be quieter than it...
the 2.25" will reduce the hollower sound a bit :D

h22a accord
06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
i can get xforce cat, resonator and twin tip rear muffler, all stainless for $413.00