PDA

View Full Version : problem with eg

E-Honda
29-08-2005, 06:42 PM
:confused:

hi,

for the last few days i've been having problems with starting up the car.

everytime i start it up it would stall, then i leave it for a few minutes and then try again then it would start up

anyway the other night the car stalled while i was driving and in gear 3.

thought it might be my old spark plugs so i changed that but still had the same problem this morning.

any hints on what to check or do would be appreciated guyz

[[d a n n y]]
29-08-2005, 06:47 PM
what EG
Gl SI ?VTI?
Breeze?

what is it
be more specific on the model plz

destrukshn
29-08-2005, 06:52 PM
had a similar problem to that, how it would stall..
fixed it by replacing the fuel fitler.
is your car choking at all?

Lukezen27
29-08-2005, 07:14 PM
That type of thing was happening to me for a month or so till one night in Manly my car stalled going hard up a hill in gear 2 as you say

BAM won't start again :thumbdwn:

It was the Dizzy :(

Rufes1
29-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Id try fuel filter or fuel pump.

Most likely fuel filter

SiR JDM
29-08-2005, 07:44 PM
They've all been said but from the sounds of things definatly seems to be one of 3 things.

1 - Fuel Pump

2 - Fuel Filter

3 - Dizzy

get a compitent mech to check it out. They will be able to test the dizzy no worries. If thats fine, it would prob be a fuel prob. Where that problem lies isn't as simple.

I have a similar problem and i narrowed it down to my fuel pump... change ur fuel filter (30-50) depending where and who does it (especially if its due) and get ur dizzy checked. Then you can start narrowing down the problem.

If your fuel pressure drops when ur low on fuel then very likely would be a pump issue.

E-Honda
29-08-2005, 11:47 PM
its a 93 vti

it doesnt choke, the car just turns off

thanks for the help guys and thanks to the guy with the eg sedan who stoped and asked if the car was ok when i was stuck in the middle of the road, (if ur on here)

ECU-MAN
29-08-2005, 11:50 PM
could be your main PGMFI relay