PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Whiteline Swaybar lock kit

yfin
29-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I just ordered these for the Euro in 18mm. Helps stop lateral movement of the sway bar.

Will let you know how it goes. Only costs $20 for a pair and is polyurethane so will not squeak when it hits the bushes (or damage the bushes).

Peekay has made his own DIY set with garden hose - I figured for $20 I may as well get the whiteline kit.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z289_W0450.pdf

Peekay34
29-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Mine isn't garden hose it is black rubber hose and a high quality hose clamp from enzed. Mate we looked at those ones from whiteline decided to go the other way. But no matter what will do the job.

EuroAccord13
30-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Garden Hose LOL... Opps...

Anyways... When you get it, Feedback on the car handling would be nice :D

wynode
30-08-2005, 12:29 AM
I doubt it would make a huge difference. I've had my swaybar on the car for 2 or more years with hard + track driving and no problems (haven't even re-greased it yet!). After a few left/right hand corners......i should just settle again IMO

yfin
30-08-2005, 10:03 AM
I doubt it would make a huge difference. I've had my swaybar on the car for 2 or more years with hard + track driving and no problems (haven't even re-greased it yet!). After a few left/right hand corners......i should just settle again IMO

Yeah not expecting much difference. The guys at whiteline said it helps cars with the ball joint links - like the euro - or where the sway bar has a kink.

Pum[Z]
31-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Where did u buy it from Yfin??

Online or from a perth shop??

yfin
31-08-2005, 05:44 PM
']Where did u buy it from Yfin??

Online or from a perth shop??

This shop is ordering it from whiteline for me. Total cost is $20. I should have it by the weekend.

WHEELS WORLD - OSBORNE PARK - 08 9244 2277

yfin
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Fitted the lock kit today as well as regreased the bushes.

Wasn't so easy to regrease the bushes on my own - needed another pair of hands (Euroaccord13 comes to mind!). I found it hard to get the bush screws back in whilst holding the sway bar - eventually got it. Gee - a hoist would come in handy.

Anyway - now to the lock kit. The Whiteline clamp doesn't look very good IMO. You just pull on it to make it tight - no screw. Hmmm - I think there is some risk the clamp supplied could fail. Looks a little too puny if you know what I mean.

After a trip to Bunnings I got my own stainless steel hose clamps for $1.50 which are tightened by a screw which I think is more effective.

Driving the car around today has been really good. Hard to say whether it was from cleaning the bar, regreasing the bushes or the lock kit - but things feel quite nice and tidy at the rear. It is definately a step in the right direction and worth $20. Are you going to notice a quantum leap forward in handling? No. But I would be surprised if you didn't notice the car is flatter at the rear with the lock kit.

Peekay34
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Should I say .....I told you so.... :D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

EuroAccord13
04-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey Yfin, grab a few photos will ya? I wanna have a look and see if I should copycat you and Pete's mod :D

yfin
04-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey Yfin, grab a few photos will ya? I wanna have a look and see if I should copycat you and Pete's mod :D

That pdf link in my first post has some good pics. :thumbsup:

cccoltsicehockey
05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I am curious to how much a whiteline sway bar cost or if I should go with a prgress sway bar instead cause it is the largest one available I believe.

yfin
05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I am curious to how much a whiteline sway bar cost or if I should go with a prgress sway bar instead cause it is the largest one available I believe.

Go with the product available locally in your country (is the Whiteline even available where you live?). Something with poly bushes would be ideal as I see some people are reporting problems with the rubbber bushes on the TSX web sites.

wynode
06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Go with the product available locally in your country (is the Whiteline even available where you live?). Something with poly bushes would be ideal as I see some people are reporting problems with the rubbber bushes on the TSX web sites.
Whiteline actually have a pretty decent market in the US!