PDA

View Full Version : defect!!!

siba
29-08-2005, 09:59 PM
hey ya'll,
i was like a k away from my house last weds afternoon on shepards hill rd wen a damn cop pulled me over n defected me for the rims (stock 14, i had 17s) so i rang up regency n they said that i should be able to get an engineering certifict!! any1 had this happen n actually got a cirtifict or is it all bullsh*t?? if i have to go through regency will i get defected for altezza lghts if they have a green light in for the indercator???? pod filter?? low king springs??

also i have altezza lights and i can only get the outside parts to light up wen you put the lights on cos the part thats on the back of the boot only has 1 light globe hole n its for the reverse light! any help would be great

thanx

chartinael
29-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, as Australian law seems to be similar to German law, I'd suggest going to the manufacturer and get a certificate for your rims. If that can't be done you most certainly ought to visit an automotive engineer to certify your rims to be satisfactorily installed and having the correct load for your vehicle. Japanese rims have the Load Index usually embossed in the rims itself, European rims have the load index stated in the papers accompaning rim purchase.

Regarding the lights, altezzas are not streetlegal in Germany.

kristin

paulosportz
29-08-2005, 10:17 PM
put it this way mate, if a cop wanted to defect you, he/she will find anything and beleive me they will!!!!

cops are the law...

i just cleared my canary today....

as long as i got the major things engineered, like my turbo kit! im not worried, the rest is easy fix. i have a bolt on muffler, adjustable shockers etc! just a bloody fckn hassle going to get rwc n stuff. but thtats the game we play with the modified car scene.

you cant win against the cops.

bennjamin
29-08-2005, 10:21 PM
yup.
You modify your car - and you have no one to blame when your car gets deemed illegal.

1.either get the parts you CAN engineered
2.OR return to stock !

Im closing this thread as no-one here can tell you what is right or wrong - defects are all over the place. Ask your local RTA or similar - or ask even a passign by police-person.

We dont need threads like this - its your own fault.
Closed.

T-onedc2
29-08-2005, 10:22 PM
hey ya'll,
i was like a k away from my house last weds afternoon on shepards hill rd wen a damn cop pulled me over n defected me for the rims (stock 14, i had 17s) so i rang up regency n they said that i should be able to get an engineering certifict!! any1 had this happen n actually got a cirtifict or is it all bullsh*t?? if i have to go through regency will i get defected for altezza lghts if they have a green light in for the indercator???? pod filter?? low king springs??

also i have altezza lights and i can only get the outside parts to light up wen you put the lights on cos the part thats on the back of the boot only has 1 light globe hole n its for the reverse light! any help would be great

thanx
To get through regency you're best to return everything to stock or very close so as it's not noticable as they're extremely picky. I went through there in february with my stock DC2 fresh from Melbourne and they commented on tinting being too dark but let it go, and then under the bonnet directly above the battery there is a slight deterioration of the lining to which the bloke asked another inspector "is this normal", which luckily it was and let me go.

Considering this car came with a roadworthy certificate from VIC Roads I was surprised at how picky (read: over the top) they were. Good luck:thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
29-08-2005, 11:57 PM
you will never pass regency with green indicators, must be amber when lit
what ever if fitted to your car must work, they check everything, even tyre placards
and the unleaded fuel only sticker.

there natzi's at regency

best of luck