PDA

View Full Version : ARC Induction Boxes

syk
30-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey all,
I dont know if this is the correct section or not to post this, but assuming i'm seeking technical advice on a product is why i'm here :)
Ok, well i've seen these ARC induction boxes around, and a bloke i know had one fitted to his FTO and reckons its great etc... so i was just wondering whether this would bring me any advantages on my dc2r?
At the moment i've got a pod filter with a polished metal intake pipe... what gains would this ARC box provide, and is it worth the money (not sure exactly on prices)?
any info or comments appreciated :)
thanks
-Dean

(here is a site i found with the product: http://www.optionimports.com/arc-induction-box.html )

**Ghost**
30-08-2005, 02:30 AM
i have one on a b16a... i pulled 89kw atdyno with JUST that on

during summer tho, i noticed that the performance goes down a bit...prolly back to stock

in summary tho, the advantages are

1. better throttle response. when u blip the throttle on a downshift, etc, its VERY good...

2. grunt - it does seem to pull better through the revs

disadvantages...

1. the heat soak thingie. but icured this by ducting cold air into the bottom panel

2. its focking expensive. even if u can afford the box, ARC gives u 2 PAPER filters that will die in short order and cost like 200 bucks each to replace. i went to autobarn and ordered some custom K/N and it does the job

sivic
30-08-2005, 12:24 PM
i dont think the arc box will be any better than the stock DC2R. the stock airbox design is very good on those.
if anythin a mugen one will be better, or perhaps a comptech as they already have cold air ducting(so does the DC2R airbox) where as the arc one doesnt

syk
30-08-2005, 12:53 PM
thanks for the info Ghost!
and Sivic, where abouts can you get the mugen or comptech boxes? and what would the price on these be like?

Ferrari
30-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Hondar, a trader on OzHonda sells the comptech boxes, and EG5 can source the mugen airbox. Mugen is very expensive, around $1000, comptech is $500 or so

sivic
30-08-2005, 04:43 PM
yeah comptech is well priced. mugen is more as is carbon fibre and is mugen.
though arc is about same price as mugen.
just depends on how much you want to spend. but comptech or mugen is better option to ARC