PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Exhaust

nickiipoohz
30-08-2005, 08:24 AM
hey guys, was planning to get a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system from catback. just wondering if i use a 2.25" muffler, will i be affecting my power gains? thanks

Tobster
30-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Well, there's also the slight problem of making 2.5" pipe fit into a 2.25" inlet. You're just making things difficult. Plus, if you're paying for mandrel bends, why would you restrict things by putting on a small muffler? The point is to make things flow as evenly as possible...

(Incidentally, unless you're going around a greater than 90 degree bend, the flow restriction from a press bend isn't that much in the grand scheme of things...)

If you already have a 2.25" muffler, run a 2.25" pipe. Small to big to small will create more of a pressure block than small to bigger straight out... (if that makes sense)

P'cisT
30-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Any place should easily be able to adapt 2.25" to 2.5" for you, so that's not a problem.

In terms of performance, I doubt there would be a difference as the smaller diameter is on the muffler side, and because there is lots of negative pressure as it is near the outlet you shouldn't have restriction/bottleneck problems at that point anyhow.

dundas
30-08-2005, 04:02 PM
get a full exhust system dude, extractors, down pipe, new cat, new piping and your muffler
should sound sweeeeeet

Spoon-Accord
30-08-2005, 04:04 PM
ekkk.. serious dundy.. i got the works.. i thought it would sounds good at idle.. sounds stock to me ahhaha

kenny

nickiipoohz
30-08-2005, 04:46 PM
nah planning to get my zorst in pieces. first piping from catback, then high flow cat, then flex pipe? extractors can wait lol. I want a twin loop muffler n e waiiz so dont think it will sound all that good