PDA

View Full Version : B16A/B18C in Gen 1 CRX...Axles

Mooro
30-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I've done a search on this before and most people just say use Hasport axles. Problem is to get Hasport mounts, axles and shift linkages for this conversion shipped over to my door is going to cost over $1500.

I'm prepared to fork out for the mounts as I see no alternative.

THe shift linkage I've been told I can just modify an integra one to suit? Can anyone confirm?

Axles...I know for the EF civic conversion you can use integra axles, can the same axles be modified to use in this conversion? Are there any other cheaper alternative or do I have to fork out for the Hasport ones?

SINISTR
30-08-2005, 12:06 PM
hey Simon - :)

you're gonna do all the 'hard' yards for me aren't you?

theres gonna be two B18C Gen1s running around Perth soon - I can see that already!!! SIK!!! hahaha

I recon we will need to get some custom ones made up. Still waiting on a reply from Mark of Beyond Motorsport in NZ - as he's already done the conversion.

I got HighOctane2000 yesterday - the white Gen1 :) Killer!

Mooro
30-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeh I was kinda hoping you would do the hard yards for me...I guess we'll both be waiting for the other to do the conversion first. Looks like the silvia is sold as of this morning so I'm starting to get serious about these CRX's but I'm a bit nervous about the cost.

Let me know if you get any info back from Beyond Motorsport. I wonder how much custom axles would set you back...I suspect it may just about work out cheaper to get Hasport unless we can modify some integra axles to suit.

The cheapest I could find for mounts was a place called full-race. THe mount kit was $479 US and shipping was about $50 US. This still works out around $700 to your door just for some engine mounts.

I notice there are a few guys on this forum who have put B16's in 3rd gen civics. What axles have they used??

Mooro
30-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Also Mike do you have an email or website for Beyond Motorsport? I couldn't find anything. I might bug them as well and see if they will respond if they are likely to get a bit more interest.

Is Beyond Motorsport the ones who had the B18C gen 1 in High Octane?

SINISTR
30-08-2005, 12:33 PM
they sure are Simon - BEYOND2 CRX... :)

their website is: http://www.beyond2.co.nz/

I have Marks other email address i need to try and find again. Hola him again!

mooshie
30-08-2005, 08:31 PM
get on to www.redpepperracing.com guys. They have a huge wealth of knowledge and quite a few B swaps into gen 3 civics/ gen 1 CRX. should be able to give you a few pointers.

SINISTR
30-08-2005, 09:02 PM
redpepperracing is down atm

Simon - congrats on selling the Sylvia! HONDA world here you come! haha

panda[cRx]
30-08-2005, 09:48 PM
hasports mounts, axles, shift linkage :thumbsup:
u wont find any mounts better than hasport

u gotta get it from www.full-race.com (http://www.full-race.com/) coz hasport themselves wont ship internationally (they'll jsut direct u to full-race.com)

tinkerbell
30-08-2005, 10:53 PM
i used LS integra axles in a B16A into 89CRX using Hasport mounts...

but i *think* (not 100%) that the B18C gearbox has larger size driveshaft 'inners' than the B16A (inners are the bits of the shaft going into the gearbox & half-shaft)

so is it a B16A or B18C gearbox?

either way, you can easily ask a CV joint reconditioner to make custom shafts with LS integra 'outers' and DC2 integra 'inners' to LS integra length specifications...

Mooro
31-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeh I've checked redpepper. Problem is most are in the US so they have easy access to Hasport...over here it is very expensive so I was looking for alternatives.

Tinkerbell, I understand that integra axles can be used for 89CRX (2nd gen) but I'm looking to do the swap to a 1st Gen. Do you know if it is the same?

tinkerbell
31-08-2005, 11:21 AM
shit sorry! not sure, but i think so...

send a PM to ALLMTR as he has done the conversion...

Mooro
31-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Hmmm...it looks as tho Beyond2 are not interested. I sent them an email yesterday with no reponse as yet?

tinkerbell
31-08-2005, 02:20 PM
use the phone for smaller workshops ;)

mr crex
31-08-2005, 02:26 PM
if you are using HASport Cable Gearbox Mounts, then dont bother trying to fit the original SiR CRX/Civic driveshafts. they will definently NOT fit.

you will need Integra XSi B16A driveshafts, ALL 3 of them!

I picked up a complete set from Hondworld in Melbourne when I had to source them, got a great price.

or you could just get the HASport ones and be done with it, if you're gonna do the conversion properly I'd suggest not cheaping out on such significant parts.

SINISTR
31-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Simon!!!

You can't do a B18C swap .... that was my idea!!! i thought of it first!!! :mad:

you can do a B16A but not a B18C...

if you do a B18C im gonna do a K20A swap!!!! nah nah nahh nah! :wave:

Mooro
31-08-2005, 02:42 PM
if you are using HASport Cable Gearbox Mounts, then dont bother trying to fit the original SiR CRX/Civic driveshafts. they will definently NOT fit.

you will need Integra XSi B16A driveshafts, ALL 3 of them!

I picked up a complete set from Hondworld in Melbourne when I had to source them, got a great price.

or you could just get the HASport ones and be done with it, if you're gonna do the conversion properly I'd suggest not cheaping out on such significant parts.

Thanks Mr CRex but can you please confirm that this info is valid for a Gen 1 CRX or are you referring to Gen 2. Also what do you mean by all three of them...were is the third?

Mike...Maybe we should make it a competition to see who can get theirs running first? But don't get too worried I think finiancial restraints will require the use of a B16A. But then maybe in a few years I'll pick up a B18 block and run a B16 head on a B18...sweet.

SINISTR
31-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Haha - im Jokin Simon :) i'll be more than happy to share any possible 'experience' i gain from this :)

as for axels: one of the integra Axels is actually made up of two seperate driveshafts with a 'connecting' CV joint. So Steve is refering to that...

mr crex
01-09-2005, 12:26 AM
oh didnt realise this was about gen1's lol

if you own a gen1, then I would definently be getting HASport custom mounts if they offer them for the gen1!

driveshafts have a left shaft, centre and right shaft.