PDA

View Full Version : Reverse???

dundas
30-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I am totally stressed now LOL-- even though i still laugh im stressed..
My car is in bad shape.. not tooo sure why.
it wont go into reverse...
the clutch works.. all gears but reverse.. wot happened?>
will check my short shifter later today...probably rip it out since im pissed off.
anyways...when i attempt to put it in reverse and put back in neutral the gears go all "fkd" up.
suggestions will be great.
well i had my clutch bled today and all the gears work GREAT NOW.. but REVERSE is still buggered up.
what could be wrong with my gearbox?

-Dundas-

Captiva_Blue
30-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Rooted synchros sounds like the most likely cause. Can you start your car in reverse (with the clutch in of course) and use it or will it not go into the gate even when the car is off? I have a similar problem with my EG, sometimes reverse won't engage unless i stick it in neutral, release the clutch, put the clutch back in..then it will usually engage.. But yeah.. synchros sound like they've seen better days.

aaronng
30-08-2005, 06:18 PM
But reverse gear doesn't have synchros!

Captiva_Blue
30-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Some do.. didn't know if it was the the case on 94 accord or not.. Could be a problem with the shift linkages.

fly_vti
30-08-2005, 06:26 PM
I am totally stressed now LOL-- even though i still laugh im stressed..
My car is in bad shape.. not tooo sure why.
it wont go into reverse...
the clutch works.. all gears but reverse.. wot happened?>
will check my short shifter later today...probably rip it out since im pissed off.
anyways...when i attempt to put it in reverse and put back in neutral the gears go all "fkd" up.
suggestions will be great.
well i had my clutch bled today and all the gears work GREAT NOW.. but REVERSE is still buggered up.
what could be wrong with my gearbox?

-Dundas-

synchors man 4 sure

dundas
30-08-2005, 09:56 PM
hmmz syncros.. SHI/*

ok ok .. damnnnz ummz these require to be replaced? ill speak to my mechanic who is a special person here :) damnnz but whyyyz==

how much is it to fix da synchros===well for syncros?

wynode
30-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Reverse doesn't have synchros.

So are you having trouble putting it into reverso or one of the other gears?

dundas
30-08-2005, 10:39 PM
as i said REVERSE :D sorry sounded like an ass there hehe.
yeah its only for reverse.. all other gears are fine.

tinkerbell
30-08-2005, 10:48 PM
check you clutch fluid and lines

BECAUSE reverse DOESNT have a syncro, it is harder to put it into reverse unelss the clutch & shift linkage are operating 'perfectly'.

as Captiva-Blue states, you soemtimes need to double-de-clutch to get it in.

have you tried rocking the car back and forth gently to try and get it in?

does it go into reverse with the engine off?

aaronng
30-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Does reverse not go in? Or does it go in and stays in but when you apply throttle and release clutch it pops back out to neutral? Or does it stay in but the car doesn't move?

dundas
30-08-2005, 11:09 PM
clutch doesnt go in at all...
ive had a problem once that my gears wouldnt go in .. but after a bit they were ok... but this is my reverse now... i dunno why its being bad to me...

roar
30-08-2005, 11:14 PM
my mates r32 gtr had the same problem after a pretty hard drive...wouldn't go into reverse

then his gearbox died...

his problem - gearbox fluid was empty...

dundas
30-08-2005, 11:29 PM
yikes gearbox fluid.. well all my fluids are up so i dunno wats cracking :S

bennyBear
30-08-2005, 11:33 PM
how long ago did you install your shifter?!?

I had a big problem with my g/box after i installed my shifter, ended up having the box re-built and forged to suit it.

I think i've seen your car around my area, if it's not the fluid levels then get it checked out. Give Peter at Precision Drivelines (port road) a call. They did the work on my box & are one of the only crews i'd trust with my car in Adelaide. I think they charge about $90 for a full inspection (pull down and check) which they take off the price if you need a re-build.

Good luck, PM me if you need details, etc.

dundas
30-08-2005, 11:53 PM
i PM'd you man.. let me knowwwww PPPLEAASSSE

shifter for about 1 year now

vtek
30-08-2005, 11:58 PM
ask john... as if you dont ask john first!

dundas
31-08-2005, 12:00 AM
ive called him and sms him today :( oh and i also PM'd him--
im just really really worried n scareddddd

vtek
31-08-2005, 12:26 AM
h22a transplant for you..

dundas
31-08-2005, 02:24 PM
hahaha- ok tek give me your engine and tranny :D it will be a-ok with me

ECU-MAN
01-09-2005, 12:34 AM
any H22A accord convertion peeps got any F22B MT left laying around ??????,

what do you guys do with your old drive train?????

dundas
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM
i feel that the mechanics take it and sell them :)
that is a interesting question....

h22a accord
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
hey man, iv got an f22b manual box if u need one. all the gears work but the diff is rooted. im pretty sure you could swap the diff and diff housing over.

In fact , ive got the whole f22b motor, runs perfect, clutch is only 30000km old but as i said the diff is blown.....damn burnout lol.

have seen these motors on ebay for $800.

Niche14
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
this is happening to me, doesnt go in reverse in no way,double clutch,1st to rev...anything, wont let me, and i have to double clutch to get it into 5th.
needed new syncros for 5th and reverse, and i think the selectors were gone, all up i costed $1200, it aint cheap

bennjamin
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
needed new syncros for 5th and reverse, and i think the selectors were gone, all up i costed $1200, it aint cheap

just to let you know reverse does NOT have a synchro. It is a straight cut gear seperate from the main and counter shaft. If you got charged to replace that synchro you got ripped off.

Niche14
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
it was for 5th sorry, didn explain myself, but the selectors needed to be changed because it was blocking and wouldnt let me in rev

jim57a
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
try shifting to 3rd. 4th then reverse.