PDA

View Full Version : B18C in 92 Civic EG

Gester
30-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey been searching through other threads regarding this conversion and just wondering what are the sort of results in at wheel hp and 1/4 times people are getting after doing this conversion? I plan to use the B18C2 if I get a hold of one as it has lower compression more suitable for a turbo conversion later on. It will be a JDM Spec engine and ecu.

After the B18C goes in I have a T3/T4 Turbo kit I want to add-on. Having never worked with Honda's to much I'm not sure how responsive and beneficial a B18C will be in a light car like the Civic EG. From what I gather it'll be awesome and sound fantastic at 9000rpm!

I know everything will match up just fine in the EG Civic as the engine mounts are the same, same cross member and a straight forward engine swap.

So what sort of recommendations do you guys have for this sort of conversion? Has anyone else done this engine conversion? If so what sort of results did you see and what do you think is the best feature of doing this? Other then having Vtec and a crapload of power in a light car :) Thanks in advance!

barefootbonzai
30-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey,

I think you still got a lot more research to do before you start modding your car. First of all y are you after a JDM Spec engine if you're after lower compression? They have higher compression than the AUDM versions. And your car will not rev to 9000rpm unless you have an aftermarket ecu. Search a bit more and you'll will see there is some members on here with the B18C conversion already done, it may give you a better idea of what you might expect.

tinkerbell
30-08-2005, 10:21 PM
nor will it rev to 9000 without cams, valve train upgrade and internals upgrade (well, not for very long anyways...)