PDA

View Full Version : breeze engine swap

kraftycuts
31-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey guys I am looking into getting a civic breeze 92 model… It’s a 1.3 carbie.

I wanted to drop a b18c into the civic breeze but I need help on the following questions before I commit into buying one.

1. If I drop a b18c into the breeze will there be problems’ seeing as the breeze is not vtec.

2. Would I have to change the ecu and wiring harnesses? If I’m not mistaken the breeze is OBD1.

3. Is the swap still a simple bolt on, as in the b18c will still use the same engine mounts.

4. Will ABS still be available?

If there is any other problems that you think will arise during this conversion or if there is anything I should look out for could you please list them out thanks

nedgeworth
31-08-2005, 06:25 PM
efi conversion (fuel tank, fuel rails)
engine mounts as the d and b use different mounts.
replace ECU (most halfcuts you get should come with one)

You will need to upgrade your brakes. The rears are drums so you'll be looking at a rear disc conversion. As well as possibly upgrading your fronts to something larger.

Steer^Gimic
31-08-2005, 07:00 PM
does a breeze have a ecu :S??? its carbi!
dc2 mounts will bolt on to the eg. harness may be used from whatever cut you get. efi tank from a vti or si eg or an ek will fit, with a internal pump. need to run efi hose and a return line. losing the rear drums isnt a bad idea at all but isnt a necesity to get it running.

not sure on the abs.

i am beginning this swap tuned so ill let you know how i go

Paul1985
31-08-2005, 07:18 PM
better to just buy an EFi model EG if you can... If the carby one is mega cheap then go for it but as mentioned, you'll have to pay to for it to be switched over to EFI though

tRipitaka
31-08-2005, 07:22 PM
if u're looking at making ur car a performance car..
the breeze is what you should look at..
as it is the lightest of the lot...

if u drop in a b18..
u'll need new mounts, new ecu, larger front brakes, rear disc brakes, get new wiring for vtec..
oh and don't forget the engineering part..

Steer^Gimic
31-08-2005, 09:32 PM
if u drop in a b18..
u'll need new mounts, new ecu, larger front brakes, rear disc brakes, get new wiring for vtec..
oh and don't forget the engineering part..

ALL of which comes with a b18c front cut

besides the cert, and rear brakes

ECU-MAN
01-09-2005, 12:22 AM

yes, Honda carb engines since 88 civic hase been using an ECU

Steer^Gimic
01-09-2005, 08:35 AM
my bad

Chi
01-09-2005, 08:41 AM
EFI conversion should be about $500 on top of the normal conversions @ most mechanics.

kraftycuts
01-09-2005, 10:38 PM
sweet.... thanks for the info guys

michael_antoi
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
so since my carby has an ecu, would that still make the mini-me swap difficult/expensive..?

or am i better off doing the full conversion

kraftycuts
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
dc2 mounts will bolt on to the eg. harness may be used from whatever cut you get. efi tank from a vti or si eg or an ek will fit, with a internal pump. need to run efi hose and a return line. losing the rear drums isnt a bad idea at all but isnt a necesity to get it running.

not sure on the abs.

i am beginning this swap tuned so ill let you know how i go

so what you're saying is if i am able to get a dc2 vtir front cut, the conversion should be pretty straight forward, except for the efi conversion.

& that i can use the engine mounts from the dc2 vtir and bolt it straight onto the eg breeze chassis?

thanks
just wanted reassurance.

Steer^Gimic
03-09-2005, 08:02 AM
thats right mate. i wouldnt call an efi conversion the hardest part either.

[[d a n n y]]
03-09-2005, 08:44 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5953

this should give u a lil idea of what your going to be up with...

it's a breeze b16a conversion write up

but B18c should be similar

mini_s2000
03-09-2005, 10:12 AM
thats a great help!