PDA

View Full Version : EG VTi Prices?

rakfint
31-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

It seems recently just about everyone I talk to suggests buying a EG civic as my new ride. I am not ready to buy yet, however I have the cash to buy.

If I find a good buy I will definately be buying soon!

My question is: What do you think a reasonable price for a eg vti hatchback in complete stock condition is??

I have looked around on carsales etc, however alot of the vti's have work done, i am after a dead stocko!

CHEERS

mj3610
31-08-2005, 05:12 PM
when i was looking for one in feb i saw a red one completely stock, service history one lady owner and low kms for 10g. (obviously was a ripoff), but i think a clean stock one should cost around 8-9g which u cna negotiate down to about 7-8g???

rakfint
31-08-2005, 05:19 PM
hmmm very nice!...

If i dont start seeing more stock vti's for sale I think I might have to approach randoms in drivewys and offer them cash see if they'll sell haha

T-onedc2
31-08-2005, 05:20 PM
It's hard to find a stock one but they seem to ask from high eights to high elevens depending on the usual things like condition and k's etc.
I know a guy with one for sale '94 vti custom blue with purple pearl, body kit champagne 17's, 2 x Twin tip mufflers, K & N filter, pretty good stereo, about 160,000km, just got offered 14,500 and 15,500 by two different guys. I wouldn't pay over 10,000 for it, good car but I prefer to buy stock too.:)

zco
31-08-2005, 05:23 PM
im also after an EG VTi. they go for about 6.8k - 7.5k (94/5 model) this is after negotiation obvioiusyl..

rakfint
31-08-2005, 05:34 PM
hrmmmmm

I'm hoping to spent a bit under 10k then have some cash left for minor mods

other option is to just save another month or so and buy a del sol..

damn descisions!

tRipitaka
31-08-2005, 05:39 PM
depends what you want out of a car..
if you want a car that you want to track/drag.. go with the eg VTi as it is an excellent base..

if you want a car to cruise, go the delsol..
easy as that..

fadz
31-08-2005, 05:57 PM
iv got a eg vti hatback my self, i pikd my one up for 7,500 all stock and
not long ago i got offered 10 grand...as iv did a fair bit of my own work on the car since buying it

Lukezen27
31-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Here ya go dude!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25489

Have fun :p

rakfint
31-08-2005, 06:32 PM
TRIPITAKA my car will be far from a race car, however I do like to push it hard through corners and maybe to a circuit every now and then. Del Sol at the moment stand ahead as I like the idea of owning something not so common, that said, buying a del sol won't allow me to add mods for a while, where as the money i'd save on an EG would giv me freedom to customise it a little.

LUKEZEN i saw that eg for sale, i'd LIKE to find lower km's although I knot it may be hard for an eg... I guess i'm also a little bit thrown from buying a car from a car site, I assume people here like to DRIVE thier cars.

I dunno... i'll have to shop and see what I can find

rakfint
31-08-2005, 06:33 PM
While im at it.

Performance wise, would a del sol and eg vti be pretty similar stock? Hopefully this weekend i'll test drive both a delsol and EG, wondering if either will stand out way above the other..

cheers

tRipitaka
31-08-2005, 07:11 PM
dohc vtec vs sohc vtec ?
pretty big difference..

SiR JDM
31-08-2005, 07:14 PM
While im at it.

Performance wise, would a del sol and eg vti be pretty similar stock? Hopefully this weekend i'll test drive both a delsol and EG, wondering if either will stand out way above the other..

cheers

As Bong said.. big difference... ive owned both and the delsol even tho it is a heavy bastard has a big difference in power .. a to b driving they are similar ... the vti is a bit balless torque wise compared to the b16 but when u push it the b16 takes the cake IM experienced O.

Lukezen27
31-08-2005, 07:18 PM
TRIPITAKA my car will be far from a race car, however I do like to push it hard through corners and maybe to a circuit every now and then. Del Sol at the moment stand ahead as I like the idea of owning something not so common, that said, buying a del sol won't allow me to add mods for a while, where as the money i'd save on an EG would giv me freedom to customise it a little.

LUKEZEN i saw that eg for sale, i'd LIKE to find lower km's although I knot it may be hard for an eg... I guess i'm also a little bit thrown from buying a car from a car site, I assume people here like to DRIVE thier cars.

I dunno... i'll have to shop and see what I can find

Man don’t reply on high or low K’s

My 93 VTi has only done 102.000K and the engine shot

Reg servicing is far more imported

type one
31-08-2005, 07:21 PM
dohc vtec vs sohc vtec ?
pretty big difference..

not as much as you would think - what the SOHC lacks in top end it makes up in grunt (torque) which the DOHC just doesn't have.

In any case $8K-$9K is a good price for a good condition EG. Be patient they pop up every so often.

Phantasm
31-08-2005, 07:21 PM
The eg vti is a good car, i payed 9500 for a perfect example with below average ks.
Not much slower than my vtir and more comfortable around town with its softer sussy setup. This softer setup seems to make it more stable while braking and cornering on rougher surfaces.
Its an easy car to live with.

fusion_VTi
31-08-2005, 07:46 PM
The eg vti is a good car, i payed 9500 for a perfect example with below average ks.
Not much slower than my vtir and more comfortable around town with its softer sussy setup. This softer setup seems to make it more stable while braking and cornering on rougher surfaces.

i like that:thumbsup:

fadz
31-08-2005, 07:48 PM
i like that to...the eg vti is a gr8 car :D

Lukezen27
31-08-2005, 07:52 PM

LMAO
All us VTi owner love hearing that :p :p :p :p :p :p

SiR JDM
31-08-2005, 08:10 PM
not as much as you would think - what the SOHC lacks in top end it makes up in grunt (torque) which the DOHC just doesn't have.

hRmmm i disagree ... like i said ive owned both and i think the b16a has not MUCH more torque but enough of a difference to notice... and after some discussion with my mate Adrian (SPEEDCORE) and he doens't think so either..

D16Y - 1590 CC - HP 127 @ 6600 rpm - TORQUE 107 lb/ft @ 5500 rpm

B16A - 1595 CC - HP 158 @ 7600 rpm - TORQUE 111 lb/ft @ 7000 rpm

Although they are only peak torque figures ... i would beleive the b16 would have a slightly higher torque figure over the rev range..

rakfint
31-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Hrmmmmm

This is all very interesting, and of course making my descision no easier hehe.

All info is muchly appreciaed though.. I guess now it's upto me to drive both and decide what I like.

I was hoping if I baught an eg i'd be able to afford to respray, but after reading the thread about respray costs.. maybe not

hrmmm

keep posting info if you've got it!

SiR JDM
31-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Back to your initial question, depending on condition you will settle for (kms, body condition, interior condition etc) anythin from 7 - 10 respective of year, condition, millage of course. If your planning on keeping the engine etc, then obviously its in your best interest to find a lower KM model as "generally" it will be in better condition but of course get it fully checked out before you commit. Service history is important as well. Perfectly mechanical EG VTi with near flawless interior/exterior 9 k area... higher or lower depending... i beleive is not too much to pay at all.... my 2c

rakfint
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
cheers dude.. I will be keeping my eyes peeled thats for sure..

In the meantime, i'll be riding with my mate in his Legend. And possibly driving an oldschool 323 to let me save money haha

might see some of you at the cruise.. lata

bubblecivic
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey

What about a B16a CRX? I'm sure you can pickup a dead stocker for around 10g, maybe even with $$$ left over. I reckon their hot lowered a couple of inches and a nice set of lightweight 15s.

type one
01-09-2005, 04:15 PM
hRmmm i disagree ... like i said ive owned both and i think the b16a has not MUCH more torque but enough of a difference to notice... and after some discussion with my mate Adrian (SPEEDCORE) and he doens't think so either..

D16Y - 1590 CC - HP 127 @ 6600 rpm - TORQUE 107 lb/ft @ 5500 rpm

B16A - 1595 CC - HP 158 @ 7600 rpm - TORQUE 111 lb/ft @ 7000 rpm

Although they are only peak torque figures ... i would beleive the b16 would have a slightly higher torque figure over the rev range..

it probably does have slightly more but it is being stretched over more revs - if that makes sense?? i dunno... I have sat in both and a B16a EG hauls ass - that's all i can say. D16y is also good engine stock (which is Vti engine)... like to try out the D16A8 - the base of the B16.

In the end the numbers i think are too close to call it, the B16a is a great engine but not available in Aust - so if you seriously looking around then make sure you either get an EG Si or Vti and if you going to swap then settle for a Gli.

newmski
01-09-2005, 04:26 PM
i paid 7.5 k for my 92 civic Si w/ 120k's on the clock. family with children car just used for driving the kiddies around i think. needed one new CV boot but was a great buy. i am still loving the Si