PDA

View Full Version : Fit Type R

SiR CRX
31-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I have read several things on the internet mentioning a Honda Fit Type R yet I can't find anything on the Honda website about this. Does the Fit Type R actually exist? If so what engine does it use and what differs it from the VTi/VTi-S model?

dark138
31-08-2005, 10:28 PM
no it doesn't exist

every honda fan just wants a type R of every car

integra type r
euro type r
civic type r
nsx type r

fit type r
s2k type r

the last two are just christmas wish lists from honda fans, i remember reading somewhere about mugen wanting honda to make a fit R so they can toy around with.
there are pics i've seen, fit R, coupe, but its just a photochop

anjingbalap
01-09-2005, 02:28 AM
wat i know there will be no jazz/fit type r.. but i see the concept car of jazz type r

info here (http://www.carbc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=169)

http://www.carbc.com/news/highres/jazztyper1.jpg?POSTNUKESID=3d5c02d3cfc084dfdfd5eed 399999d4a

Andys
01-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I reckon the Fit needs a type-R version to lift its image a bit as its not so new anymore.

Either that, or maybe a hybrid version with phenomenally good fuel economy :)

Hurry up, honda!

asiansquad
01-09-2005, 10:12 AM
if a type r comes out..i'll trade my jazz and get the type r :D

panda
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
i wonder what type engine they can realisticly put in and how many ponies :p

they would surely have to put in more chasis strengthening parts and disc brakes for the rear

and it should be a 2 door version! :cool: oh god /drool

fasthonda
01-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Check out the link below it has pictures and a small movie on this special Mugen-Power Fit/Jazz.
It has a 2.0lt i-Vtec ,I think it has about 260 horsies. :eek:

http://www.mugen-power.com/topics/dynamite0108/index.html

dark138
01-09-2005, 07:31 PM
if you really think there is jazz type R

i reckon the Mugen Dynamite is the closest its gonan get

fasthonda
01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I personally think there is no Type R Jazz and there may never be one in the future.The Dynamite by Mugen is a concept that's all it is.No way would Honda produce a 260 HP Type R Jazz ,it would be too expensive.About 140 -50 Hp would probably be the most HP output. :)

Poeter
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Even if there will be one, it's unlikely that it will even hit the Australian shores. At the moment, we have no type r of any model for sale anymore unless you buy the used dc2r and dc5r.

Andys
03-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, what about the Civic Si in USA? 150kW, LSD, 6 speed, nice seats, and much cheaper than a real type R.

Probably true that we won't get more type-R models here but I think Honda's new concept is making cars that have the performance of "type R" while being more liveable and driveable.

So over time the Jazz will surely be developed over time and one day a performance-enhanced motor will put in, don't you think? After all, the Civic was originally just a compact utility car, filling the niche the jazz now fills..

- Andrew

asiansquad
03-09-2005, 01:03 PM
no it doesn't exist

every honda fan just wants a type R of every car

integra type r
euro type r
civic type r
nsx type r

fit type r
s2k type r

the last two are just christmas wish lists from honda fans, i remember reading somewhere about mugen wanting honda to make a fit R so they can toy around with.
there are pics i've seen, fit R, coupe, but its just a photochop

isn't there already a s2k type r?

Poeter
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, despite the fact that i never heard of s2k type r.

Doesn't it already have the characteristics of a type r?

like it's red f20c engine?

fasthonda
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, what about the Civic Si in USA? 150kW, LSD, 6 speed, nice seats, and much cheaper than a real type R.

Probably true that we won't get more type-R models here but I think Honda's new concept is making cars that have the performance of "type R" while being more liveable and driveable.

So over time the Jazz will surely be developed over time and one day a performance-enhanced motor will put in, don't you think? After all, the Civic was originally just a compact utility car, filling the niche the jazz now fills..

- Andrew

I agree!
Although the JAZZ has been a welcomed addition to Honda's line up,the current Civic choices(2) have been found wanting.In fact,I will go as far as to say that Honda has treated Civic enthusiasts with contempt.
We have a Civic sedan that is OK,however quite uninspiring.The VI hatch ,another car that doesn't make anyone's pulse run any faster,it is too van/people mover like.At least the top line Jazz has a factory body kit a Vtech 1.5 lt engine that isn't that far of the pace of the Civic sedan or hatch Vi.
So, don't hold your breath for a 150 kw Civic in this Country or a high performance Jazz,well, not in the immediate future anyway,remember we didn't even have the choice of a 3 door Civic hatch! :(

z3lda
06-09-2005, 10:45 AM
HONDA will never mass produce a type R Jazz, It will never even contemplate it.
WHY ! ?
jazz = people mover & fuel efffiecnt
jazz does not = performace car.

EK9
06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
HONDA will never mass produce a type R Jazz, It will never even contemplate it.
WHY ! ?
jazz = people mover & fuel efffiecnt
jazz does not = performace car.
werd.

and s2k type r? LOL... u guys kidding?

The Civics (back in the EK days) weren't just a compact car... remember, they had a performance models too... EK4/SiR.. and eventually the Civic Type R. So if u look at the Jazz from this point of view, it's highly unlikely a Type R model will get produced... especially now after 2-3(?) yrs after it's initial release. It's much more highly likely they're working on a new model to replace the current one then building a type r... and the way Honda have changed their model line up recently, we mite not even c type r models in future :(

aaronng
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Odyssey Type R would be nice. Like how in Japan Toyota has the Caldina GT4.

spoon fit
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Fit Type-R = Never

spoon fit
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM

yeah! good one :thumbsup: :D

freakygeek
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM

JDM Odyssey Absolute:

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/odyssey/type/absolute-ext/absolute-ext.jpg

aaronng
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Isn't the Absolute just cosmetic upgrades? I want a K24A 140kW with LSD and 7 Recaro seats!

freakygeek
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Isn't the Absolute just cosmetic upgrades? I want a K24A 140kW with LSD and 7 Recaro seats!

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/absolute/

Click "Fact" at the bottom of the image - the Absolute has 147kw... :)

vividjazz
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM

147KW DOHC i-vtec. Its got the seats for sideways action, pedals and a damn fine body kit. Love the choice of blue or red dash lighting to match the seats. No trouble getting the kids to school on time in that. Just need the Recaro baby seats to match.

And it still gets good milage - 11ltr per 100km.

aaronng
08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
yumyumyumyumyumyumyum!