PDA

View Full Version : HKS Oil cooler in ek civic

CONAN
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Okay here comes a newb question.

I have a EK4 Civic.

And I have a HKS Oil Cooler Type-S Kit for HCR33(skylines gtst r33)

Can I get it fitted to my car???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here is a link of the HKS oil cooler
http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/btlist2.php?type=cooling&subtype=Oil%20Coolers (http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/btlist2.php?type=cooling&subtype=Oil%20Coolers) 4th one down the list

smoknhothonda
01-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Hmm physically yes you can fit the cooler core to your Honda, but do you have the complete oil coooler kit?

The oil filter flange provided in skyline kit will be different. (you do have a filter relocater kit also right?)

Also the lengths of braided oil line might need trimming (Im sure you wont need any longer oil lines, the engine bay is a lot shorter in your honda compared to a skyline)

Ideally you would be better off selling the kit and buying a Grex kit specifically for your civic, providing you can sell it for a decent price.

CONAN
01-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I think I have everything else apart from the relocator kit, click on the link It has a picture of what I have. How much would a Grex kit? After reading this thread here, I dont think im going to fit an oil cooler. I dont think I will see the tracks much, so cold oil wont be good for my car.
Thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26996

smoknhothonda
01-09-2005, 05:49 PM
A Grex cooler can be had for around $5-600. What mods do you have on your civic mate? If you are running a fair wack more power then stock, chances are the cooler will help you a lot, even in just daily driving conditions. If your stock and have no intentions of making more power, you will be practically wasting your time n money.

Good luck with it mate :)

CONAN
01-09-2005, 06:36 PM
No, no big plans for teh car, its an old car and modding it might cause problems!
anyway, I just thought, if I was gonna visit the track once or twice, might as well put on an oil cooler just incase my oil gets to hot..
Someone suggested just get Castrol SS 0-60W

SPEEDCORE
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Once or twice........ just change your oil preferrable before and after. Just make sure you go out with fresh oil.

CONAN
02-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Sweet!

Wanna buy a HKS OIL COOLER KIT?
:)

Perry
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
let me know if u getting the HKS oil cooler kit

CONAN
02-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I already have it with me

have decided to sell it. dont need it. are you interested in a i think 15row hks oil cooler + accessories

Perry
03-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I already have it with me

have decided to sell it. dont need it. are you interested in a i think 15row hks oil cooler + accessories

not at the moment just want to know the hassles involved and prices for the braided lines cost?

CONAN
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Im not the guy to ask if you wanna get technical ahha

but im sure a performance place will fit it easily..

braided lines i hear is 100 per metre... f*cking expensive.. this kit comes with 2M of it. big fat lines

smoknhothonda
04-09-2005, 12:20 PM
How much are you selling the cooler for man? I know some1 who might be interested.

I havent heard of a Castrol SS 0w-60 man, I think you mean Castrol R 10W-60 :)

CONAN
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Cooler from nengun and various importers go for around 7-800 delivered

so im looking for something around there