PDA

View Full Version : Black Dash/Door Trims on EG.. Available in Aus?

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Are there any EG's that come standard with black dash's and door trims in Australia?

If not are there JDM/UKDM ones that came in black that would fit on an AUDM EG? I think some of the USDM EG Coupe's come with black, but thats no good as they are LHD.

Also, if money's not an option, would spraying the ugly grey dash/door trims black be just as good a result as buying OEM black parts?

1 other thing, if i swapped in an OEM black dash and door panels (if available) are there still grey interior parts in the back of a EG hatch? im unsure as i own a sedan.

thanks in advance.
Paul.

civ_sik
01-09-2005, 09:21 PM
yes there is grey everyhwere in the back of eg hatches... boot, and rear arm rests and, window surroundings + more little parts.. ... not sure if you can get them tho maybe someone else can help you with that...

hookedonpho
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
not sure abt the other stuff... but if u really luv ur civic, i say don't try to respray the vinyl. at most, spray the air vents and other hard plastic. a lot of my friends respray vinyl and they change their minds later coz it no longer looks cool and becomes outdated and cheap. save some dosh and go oem or if u really want a diff colour, get it all refabricated. yeh, it may cost lots more but if u save up, u will have a far more professional and stylish look. may also increase car value...

Chi
01-09-2005, 10:38 PM
EG6 and EG9 interior was black ( from japan only) but very hard to find.

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 10:44 PM
thanks guys, i ask this as i wanna put an integra dash in, but only if i can get the black door panels.

so does anyone have an EG with black dash/interior? if they come out with black interior then im sure someone on this site would have one.. there are many EG owners here..

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks chi.. so none from australia?

Chi
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
nope.

Australia all grey colour.

Just find stock interior and spray it black.

Very easy to do.

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Does it look genuine?

michael_antoi
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
yeh i'd say go to a wreckers and grab a panel for like 40 or so

give a go at spraying it, if u f uck it up atleast u still have the originals

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 10:59 PM
yeh i'd say go to a wreckers and grab a panel for like 40 or so

give a go at spraying it, if u f uck it up atleast u still have the originals

top idea mate :thumbsup:
sounds like the go so far

[[d a n n y]]
01-09-2005, 11:10 PM
hm..if u do a conversion you'll get the dash

i did that with my old car and the black looked so much better than the AUDM EG's

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
so u painted your vinyl danny?
if so any pics u could share dude?

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 11:25 PM
sorry, yeah id only have to do the door panels (i think, unless theres anything in the rear of a hatch)

and if u meant u did the integra dash -> EG, pics of that would be cool also, only if u dont mind sharing and if u have pics :)

SiR JDM
01-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Danny used the black dash from the JDM EG6 1/2 cut he got.

Its a bit of a bitch replacing the WHOLE dash its not as easy as most people asume it is and not all imports have the black dash, only as chi said, SIR (eg6/eg9) models.

Ive heard if you respray it will chip and or fade.. but ive also heard if you do it right with the right sanding, undercoat, potection layers etc... im not experienced enough to make a judgement but logic tells me if you take all the appropriate steps to change the dash colour it shouldn't turn out too bad..

Paul1985
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
thanks SiR JDM, i might have to give the spray a go due to the rarety of getting EG6/9 door trims (would be expensive too im guessing)..
while we are on the integra dash's into EG's, check out this interior on an EG (with integra dash) i think its in the new honda tuning mag, heres the site, very nice hatch. This cars sure to please all u JDM lovers :D
http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0509ht_civic/

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0509ht_civic_03_z.jpg

Chi
02-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Ive seen integra dashes / interior fitted in EGs

hookedonpho
03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
wow, thats abt the only complete teg dash swap ive seen. all the others cudd never fix their doors and gave up, slammed the doors shut when door panels were heated to remould them (looks bit dodgy) or jsut cut the bits that dun fit off and drive around with half panels. reupholstering ay... how the hell do they make a custom door panel and refabricate it? ne1 in aus offer this service?
sorry to go bit off topic paul...

SiR JDM
03-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Id say with very very little doubt they are EG6 door trims thats why hookedonpho :)

civicdacbiet
04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Id say with very very little doubt they are EG6 door trims thats why hookedonpho :)
i dont know abt that, i think if it was that simple, all the swappees would hav complete projects which they dont. i dont think eg6 doors fit an integra dash without modification.

SiR JDM
04-09-2005, 11:05 PM
i dont know abt that, i think if it was that simple, all the swappees would hav complete projects which they dont. i dont think eg6 doors fit an integra dash without modification.

Have a look at the door. The door handle, the power window switch location, the tweeter position (as eg6s have), the speaker position, the little compartment thing (not sure what its called) next to the speaker...

Then look at the colour of the dash and the door trim.. slightly different colour blacks from what i can see

now compare that with a DC2 door

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/695805.jpg

I never said it was that simple or no modifications, but perhaps its simpiler? Cant say from experience, but like i said with very very very little doubt id say its an EG6 door trim :)

Paul1985
04-09-2005, 11:27 PM
wow, thats abt the only complete teg dash swap ive seen. all the others cudd never fix their doors and gave up, slammed the doors shut when door panels were heated to remould them (looks bit dodgy) or jsut cut the bits that dun fit off and drive around with half panels. reupholstering ay... how the hell do they make a custom door panel and refabricate it? ne1 in aus offer this service?
sorry to go bit off topic paul...

no problems dude :)
id like to know that answer myself..

also, im pretty sure on that site, if u read the details, the doors did not close properly and he had to get them customised a little..

civicdacbiet
04-09-2005, 11:37 PM
def not dc2 door, and sources say that eg6 doors fit partially, but cant close shut coz dash is too big. truble is knowing how they modified the eg6 inside door panel to fit the dash. im guessing they cut it at the dash part and joined it to some custom cf or fibreglass moulding and refabricated it the same as dash colour. or they couldve made a hybrid panel (the part being visible is eg6 and the other part dc2 to accomodate the dash). i hav no idea if u can hire ppl to do this for u (if it is possible without doin it urself) or how much it may cost...

tRipitaka
05-09-2005, 09:58 AM
so does anyone have an EG with black dash/interior? if they come out with black interior then im sure someone on this site would have one.. there are many EG owners here..
yep.. :wave:

jimmeh
05-09-2005, 12:40 PM
i got a black dash and the door trim if anyone is interested

Paul1985
05-09-2005, 02:59 PM
jimmeh, what door trims and dash.. EG6 or intregra?

im thinking of dying the vinyl on the door trims to match a black dash...
what do u guys reckon?

SiR JDM
05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
jimmeh, what door trims and dash.. EG6 or intregra?

im thinking of dying the vinyl on the door trims to match a black dash...
what do u guys reckon?

Take lots of pics and let me know how it turns out :D

Paul1985
05-09-2005, 11:50 PM
SiR JDM, will do dude, im not doing it till i purchase a hatch though, gotta get rid of my sedan.. doing my research now, when i do it ill take heaps of pics n let everyone on here know how the dye goes..

but if someone does have a decent integra dash for sale id be interested now.

on H-T someone said they dyed it and had to use like 4-5 cans before it was dark enough, but they reckon it turned out perfectly.. supposedly the dye is better than the paint