PDA

View Full Version : sussy problem

kousoku
02-09-2005, 12:51 AM
hey guys i got a problem with my suspension and i need a quick diagnostic, otherwise will just goto some suspension shop tomrow.

so recently, seems almost just after i filled my tires (which btw are rather hard 38psi) my ssuspension at the front feels like it just bottoms out, as in if you go over a pot whole or one of those connecting road things on the bridge it feels like it just bangs againts what ever supports it, as if there were no springs or shocks at all.
Handling is fine, it still goes well and is responsive around corners, just over extremes like pot holes it seroiusly feels likethere is nothing there to brace the impact.

I'm wondering weather the springs have lost their spring (they are 2 month old pro kits from eibach) or the shocks have blown (older koni yellows) however i don;t think it feels like the shocks have blown but i have limited knowledge of the workings of a suspension set up.

so if anyone could help me out if would be much appreciated.

luzinit
02-09-2005, 01:22 AM
it could possibly be that ur damper is set too soft on the koni yellows, how firm are they set?

on my car when i set it too soft, when i go over lil humps my resonator hits the hump, however if i stiffen it up, its fine.

kousoku
02-09-2005, 02:34 AM
its not about wat hits, its the actualy feeling of the shocks and springs. When i hit a pot hole the spring and shock just got clump basically from normal position to the extremeity with no dampening of the impact at all. just crunch. its like haveing no suspension at all.

luzinit
02-09-2005, 11:39 AM
yeh im must saying that the reason its hitting is cos its bottoming out a bit more when it is too soft. also, i adjusted my damper yesterday from very stiff, to 50%, and went from a loud thumping feel each time i went over a moderate size pot hole, to a much much more comforting ride. just try it! its easy on DC's, dont have to remove rear speakers each time u wanna make an adjustment :(

BlitZ
02-09-2005, 11:51 AM
check your bump stops..

the dick who did your car probabaly left it out..
it stops the shock from bottoming out when hitting pot hole. ..
becareful u dont blow your shocks

kousoku
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
i'm pretty sure they were put in, just wondering if because they were stock bump stops from my original shocks and then modified that they could have broken or snapped off?

hmmm i think i might take it to one of those shock places.

BlitZ
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
as long as your sure they are in there...
for koni you meant to cut to trim the bump stop alittle to accomodate the lowered springs..

kousoku
02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Went to peddy's and they fixed the problem the bolt that connects the lower arm to the shocks had snaped so it was sagging a little lower on one side.
Fixed it all up and its going sweet now, feels much better now becuase i also firmed up the damper settings on the koni's.

Going in next week to get some new bushes and maybe sway bar. They seem to be really nice guys there, very professional and helpful.

wynode
02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for posting back with the info.

You'll love a new rear swaybar :)