PDA

View Full Version : GearBOx -

spardikis
02-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Oh SHiV..... anyway broght a DC2R about a month ago, 54km on the clock body in mint condition, everything sweet.. Ive barely even let her go for it yet... anyway gear box was mint no grindings no prob until today.. was driving along in 4th gear doin about 65 when i went over one of those black rubber hoses that count how many cars are using the road when i heard a funny noise and i thought id picked up a stone or something anyway i fired "something" around then it passed out the back of my car.. no problems.. I hit some traffic lights put her into first then whooahah no way stalled... the gear stick was movin abit when i put i let the clutch out and i had to "ride" the clutch abit, not to mention the car was stuggling to get going, when i try and eccelerate it bumps once or twice and is gutless as.. the gears work fine in neutral with clutch in except for 3rd seems weird, u can pull back on the gear stick and it comes out easy, and also when the car is off it has no problem changing gears... anyway i pulled over checked for any leaks, cv's are still in fine ect so im like wtf, drive off again and she makes a noise when i start, grinding for a few thou revs but when im underway the only prob is lack of power and if i try and accelerate the gear box kinda bumps.... all that i have done to my engine is a lightened flywheel?? Ive also taken the starter motor out and there is no bits of clutch on the cogs, although im not sure if there would be seein as though its a hydrolic clutch... also their is no lube (gear box oil) on the cog, is that normal>?? please help cause im thinking ive got to pull down my engine to find out - im thinkin maybe thrust bearing is had it, clutch is had it or torn or my diff/gear box bearings are shot>> help.........thanks

wynode
02-09-2005, 04:47 PM
:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

1. Be specific when describing the problem instead of beating around the bush please
2. Use punctuation!

Its hard to diagnose with what you've written but from what I could make sense of......possibly your clutch not disengaging properly.

Man my head hurts after reading that now :confused:

Weq
02-09-2005, 06:29 PM
sound slike a shifter bushing/bolt has come off. what u are experienceing is not being able to get into 1st gear (and i guess 2nd gear) anymore. the sluggishness is because u are taking off in 3rd gear. take it to any mechanic, they will be able to fix it for u in 10-20mins.

Weq
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
ps win. u suck at the innernet1 that was easy to read1

pss. my shift key is broken.

wynode
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
ps win. u suck at the innernet1 that was easy to read1

pss. my shift key is broken.
I hate reading things that are not:
1) properlly punctuated
2) properly spelt!

genesis
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
yeh, check your shifter bushing

aimre
03-09-2005, 02:06 AM
then ask the RTA for money for bustin your car man

spardikis
03-09-2005, 07:48 AM
sorry about the crazy post.. was kinda pulling whats left of my hair out!! I will paragraph and deal with the sentence structure soon!

spardikis
03-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok, The event that took place yesterday afternoon whilst driving my DC2R is quite beyond me. After driving over a small rubber hose' a strange noise came from under my car, leading me to believe that I had picked up a stone. What ever it was bumped and crashed its way out, my initial thought was 'hmm that was strange'.

Apon stopping for a set of traffic lights I placed the car into first and went to drive off as normal. My car stalled, The shifter felt almost loose and I had to ride the clutch to get moving without stalling again. The car makes a shudder/grinding/horrible noise when I try to drive off although this only lasts for about 2thousand Revs. Once in thrid or fourth, if i try to accelerate the gear stick moves forward and I hear another bump from under the car. When the car is not running the gears seem fine, also when I engage the clutch and hold it down while running though the gears everything seems fine.

I was driving as a normal person should, and had not being doing anything stupid before "the event". Upon easing her home I have checked C.V's which seem ok, I have also removed the starter motor and there is not clutch fiber on the cogs which seem to indicate a complete clutch.

I am really stumped as to what it could be, and not having delt with a hydrolic clutch gear box before I am slightly hesitant to take it to a mechanic with out knowing exactly what is wrong. I was thinking maybe the thrust bearing was not disengaging but if that were so I would have no netral. Also it has been said that possibly a shifter bushing or bolt maybe out? Any ideas or backyard tests that anyone can think of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - spardikis

Weq
03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
ShiFTER bushing dude. get under the car, in the middle and check it out! under the exhaust pipe, u will see the shifter. make sure all the bolts are there..

spardikis
03-09-2005, 02:04 PM
well after pulling a few things out of the way, and pulling off the starter (to check the clutch)and also a quick inspection of the bushing i couldnt see anything abnormal. I jacked up the front of the car and turned the wheels first in neutral, then in gear. I noticed that when it was in gear and i tryed turning the wheels the whole engine rocked!
so i checked the engine mounts and found the rear mount had lost its fixing bolt! w.t.f !! seems like the mechanic that installed the lightened flywheel didnt do up the rear engine mount bolt! so.......I need a new bolt, and the mechanic needs a bullet!

should be on the road again in no time....thnks guys for all the help!!