PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler

BSRacer
02-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Maximum props to the rocket scientists who complied my car! As an import the fuel filler had to be replaced so i don't accidently put leaded fuel in my car unfortunately the morons who complied my car sealed it with silicone which isn't fuel safe and has now been eaten through. Does anyone know someone in adelaide that can fix this???? For it to be fixed properly i reckon the fuel filler has to come out. I did a temp. backyard gasket sealer job on it but it's a bit dodgey. If anyone says weld it or check it with a cigarette lighter they'll get a big slap from me ;)

Limbo
03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
mate does it matter that much that the hole is slightly larger? you still have a cap to cover the fuel right? And you also know it takes unleaded so why make it more trouble for yourself? Save yourself time & money and just live with it. Otherwise goto the wreckers and see if you can get one off a wreck.

BSRacer
03-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Well the fact that it's leaking fuel is kinda a problem

Steer^Gimic
03-09-2005, 06:00 PM
haha this is all too familiar. the exact same thing happened to my ef8. not cool when i used to corner hard on a full tank. i used a gasket sealant the first time that lastest a whole 2 hours before shitting itself again. try chemi weld or liquid nails. they all work, just gotta do it properly