PDA

View Full Version : LOS ANGELES: Accord V6 crowned "King of the Road Trip&q

wynode
23-02-2004, 04:43 PM
http://www.honda.com.au/discover+honda/news+and+events/press+releases/honda+accord+v6+crowned+king+of+the+road+trip.htm

LOS ANGELES - The Honda Accord V6 has won a "King of the Road Trip" comparison test conducted by US motoring magazine Motor Trend.

The Accord was nominated by all six of the magazine's test drivers, edging out three other contenders: Chevrolet Malibu, Mitsubishi Galant and the Toyota Camry.

All of the sedans spent a day of testing on the racetrack before undergoing a comprehensive road test that put the vehicles to the true test of family sedan performance - loading luggage, long road trips, eating fast food on the go and using child safety seats.

"We're thrilled that the editors of Motor Trend have chosen the Accord as the top performer in the class," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of auto sales for American Honda. "This test demonstrates that the Accord, with its balance of family utility and sports sedan performance, is truly the ultimate family sedan."

The Accord is praised for its balance of performance and fuel efficiency, turning the fastest 0-60mph and quarter-mile times with the second-best fuel economy in the group.

The magazine's editors also gave high marks to the Accord for its "spectacular" build quality, thoughtful interior design and comprehensive safety features. "Sporty, spacious, efficient luxurious and beautifully crafted, the Accord EX borders on family-sedan perfection," the article concludes.

The Accord V6 retails from $39,990 in Australia.

27 January 2004

McChook
23-02-2004, 04:51 PM
thats a pretty big prize. I now it is the american model, american made and american built - but it seems to be quite a great car for what it was built for. If I was 60, retired, I know I;d be into it. Not really gonna be my kinda car until then, a bit loafy, but they seem to be quite a good car

On a side note, I saw a standard WRX today, current model, with a guy driving it who looked 70 in the shade, and I thaugh "Damn, that';; be me in 50 years..." The thought, shit, it will be exactly fifty years to the day I turn 70... Birthdays suck

wynode
23-02-2004, 05:18 PM
If I was 60, retired, I know I;d be into it. Not really gonna be my kinda car until then, a bit loafy.........

Its meant to be a family car, so if I was 60 and had a family with kids to take around safely as well as some sportiness, i'd choose that :)

Rowie
23-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Accords are good cruisers..... rethpect :)