PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Strut bars.... !!!

MRFIT
03-09-2005, 05:35 PM
i bought a set of strut bars..... finally arrived.... been waiting for more than 2 month.... what do u guys think?

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7251/jazzstrut11kg.jpg

got it for HK$1800, damn custom hold it for like a month after it arrived.... my bad luck..... aiya.... and costed me an arm and leg to declare it and tax... :(

hope its as good as you guys been talking about..... :D

amurray
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
hey man, they look good, and i hope they are as good as u expected

asiansquad
03-09-2005, 10:27 PM
haven't heard from you for a while..and now u have so many stuffs for ur car..haha

V-techWhore
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Wots does those bars do?

asiansquad
03-09-2005, 10:56 PM
tightens the chasis and increases the handling of the car.

TypeG
04-09-2005, 01:37 AM
look exactly like mine even the color
u got a very good deal

MRFIT
04-09-2005, 12:43 PM
thanks G..... if u don't mind me asking..... how much were the summit ones?

gd1_nz
04-09-2005, 05:24 PM
i paid $8xx for just the Summit front brace and another $8xx for the GD1 rear tie bar...which adds up close to HKD$1800 already...

seriously u reali did get a bargain!!

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 08:47 PM
the third one from the top....where do u put?

asiansquad
04-09-2005, 08:50 PM
those are the tie rods

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
those are the tie rods

third one, not second one

asiansquad
04-09-2005, 08:53 PM
the rear room bar
whatever u call it

u had that in ur jazz..the one that made noises until danny put a spring washer on for u

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 08:54 PM
rear tower bar?
it look different to the xforce one

asiansquad
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah thats the name

nah it's the same

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 08:59 PM
same!?

asiansquad
04-09-2005, 09:01 PM
well it looks a bit different..but it's the same thing.

does the same job

MRFIT
04-09-2005, 10:33 PM
its the same, just the bits on the ends in some photos are facing up..... that's why it looked different in my pic......

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 10:58 PM
how much for the tax? i mean custom

MRFIT
04-09-2005, 11:03 PM
$150 for just process the forms.... $670 for tax all the stuff that I bought.... :(

freight and insurance is another $300, then the shipping company charged $120 from Sydney to Melb..... bastards....

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 11:07 PM
so how much for the total?

MRFIT
04-09-2005, 11:18 PM
get a calculator..... add it together man.....

spoon fit
04-09-2005, 11:19 PM
$150 for just process the forms.... $670 for tax all the stuff that I bought.... :(

freight and insurance is another $300, then the shipping company charged $120 from Sydney to Melb..... bastards....

$670!? :confused:
that much?

MRFIT
04-09-2005, 11:21 PM
yes.... nearly 30%....

TypeG
04-09-2005, 11:44 PM
lol
i told u it is 30% ages ago la

they are a nice copies on summit which look exactly the same and i believe it come from the same factory where K-Car got.

not every bars do the same job or we just just get a piece of metal and screw them in

Zimp13
05-09-2005, 12:01 AM
lol

they are a nice copies on summit which look exactly the same and i believe it come from the same factory where K-Car got.

not every bars do the same job or we just just get a piece of metal and screw them in

i think asiansquad means xforce with that one does the same job...

ken1279
08-09-2005, 06:52 AM
i paid $8xx for just the Summit front brace and another $8xx for the GD1 rear tie bar...which adds up close to HKD$1800 already...

seriously u reali did get a bargain!!

Just a question.

Will the rear tie bar really make a difference if the Jazz has a H-shaped Torsion beam rear suspension?

Thanks,

asiansquad
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
lol

if u read it properly..i was talking about the appearance

Zimp13
08-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Just a question.

Will the rear tie bar really make a difference if the Jazz has a H-shaped Torsion beam rear suspension?

Thanks,

wats H torsion beam rear suspension??? fit where??? top of spare tyres???

any pic??? thanx

TypeG
08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
a bad designed struts will make your car understeel or something
that's y a copies can be so cheap and a brand one cost like $2XX

Zimp13
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM

copy is not designed... copy is copy the branded ones..... cheap cos they dun do the R&D and dun do the marketing.... just copy... if u can copy the branded ones, would u make changes or just copy exactly the same (in length or even size)??? y trouble urself to design a new one????

asiansquad
08-09-2005, 07:40 PM

well i can prove the xforce struts don't cause understeering.

i'm not sure about the ones that joey has..but the quality seems to be pretty good.

TypeG
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
if the struts are in good design, there is no understeel at all but I have come tho some cheap one which does that. material, size, weight and etc which hasnt copied exactly will make it handling differently (worse or better).
I never said X-force one is shit. dun put me in a war ronald
cheap one is cheap not only because they dun need to pay those craps but as well as to design the bar for certain car. it is not just a metal u put on yr car and that's it. strut also need to be well balanced as well.

spoon fit
08-09-2005, 10:35 PM
okok......danny, ronald and gaspar no more argue :D

TypeG
08-09-2005, 11:46 PM
not argue la
just discuss about cheap one vs brand one la

asiansquad
09-09-2005, 03:32 AM
if the struts are in good design, there is no understeel at all but I have come tho some cheap one which does that. material, size, weight and etc which hasnt copied exactly will make it handling differently (worse or better).
I never said X-force one is shit. dun put me in a war ronald
cheap one is cheap not only because they dun need to pay those craps but as well as to design the bar for certain car. it is not just a metal u put on yr car and that's it. strut also need to be well balanced as well.

u never targeted xforce..u target all cheap ones including xforce.

xforce is cheap but works as well as other branded ones

ken1279
09-09-2005, 03:59 AM
wats H torsion beam rear suspension??? fit where??? top of spare tyres???

any pic??? thanx

Hi Zimp13,

The Torsion beam I mentioned is the rear suspension of the Jazz. For the front, the Jazz uses MacPherson Strut.

spoon fit
09-09-2005, 07:02 AM
u never targeted xforce..u target all cheap ones including xforce.

xforce is cheap but works as well as other branded ones

u wrong this time la..
he also using xforce stuff

asiansquad
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
then he shouldn't group them all as one

TypeG
09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
u mention xforce work as well as branded one but have u tried other branded one on your jazz? if not, how you can be so sure that xforce worked as well as the branded one then?

asiansquad
09-09-2005, 11:48 AM
havn't tried it on MY jazz..but i've tried it on other ppls jazz

TypeG
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
different cars got different mods, weight and height which make a different as well

PS: i am using cheap one too but i still think a branded one will make your car handle a lot better

Zimp13
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi Zimp13,

The Torsion beam I mentioned is the rear suspension of the Jazz. For the front, the Jazz uses MacPherson Strut.

ohhh... ok....
i dunno much abt tie rod... but most ppl who use them seems to be very happy with it....

Zimp13
09-09-2005, 04:54 PM
different cars got different mods, weight and height which make a different as well

PS: i am using cheap one too but i still think a branded one will make your car handle a lot better

for struts i dun think so (due to the simplicity of making them).... a lot of these branded ones also outsource from china and taiwan nowadays.... last time may be yes in the difference of the quality but nowadays the quality of a lot of things are more or less the same....

for other more complex things then may be better to go for branded ones... so all depends on the stuff as well....

as for different cars got different mods, weight and height which make a difference... that i dun think is that relevent as well... if these factors do make a huge difference, then it doesnt matter wat brand struts u use... cos if u change the mod, height, or weight (more ppl or less ppl in the car) and assume that ur thinking is correct, then wat????.... we have to change to different strut just becos the car is higher, heavier or adding different mods.... if u get wat i mean

spoon fit
09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
mod: do something

TypeG
09-09-2005, 11:42 PM
if u believe just go for it as if u think a strut is just something which links the car body together, y dun we DIY a metal and just put screws in. will that be heaps cheaper and WORK THE SAME. Japan start to have factory in china and taiwai but they do design the thing first b4 they start making in aisa. u get my meaning? quality is not the main issue here but the design u know. need to be well balance or else who care about the quality as long as it will not break into half. (quality usually better for a branded one tho)

ronald mentioned he tried ppl jazz with spoon strut in but not his car. to compare a thing between two, we need to test it in the same car right as different car got different specification. u are right danny, more or less the people inside the car, handling of the car will be different of coz . if ronald compare his car with only him inside his car with his frd's jazz which have his frd and ronald inside the car, it will not be accurate unelss his frd weight like 1kg or sth the weight and height will be different right?

point me if i am wrong

Zimp13
09-09-2005, 11:59 PM
if u believe just go for it as if u think a strut is just something which links the car body together, y dun we DIY a metal and just put screws in. will that be heaps cheaper and WORK THE SAME. Japan start to have factory in china and taiwai but they do design the thing first b4 they start making in aisa. u get my meaning? quality is not the main issue here but the design u know. need to be well balance or else who care about the quality as long as it will not break into half. (quality usually better for a branded one tho)

ronald mentioned he tried ppl jazz with spoon strut in but not his car. to compare a thing between two, we need to test it in the same car right as different car got different specification. u are right danny, more or less the people inside the car, handling of the car will be different of coz . if ronald compare his car with only him inside his car with his frd's jazz which have his frd and ronald inside the car, it will not be accurate unelss his frd weight like 1kg or sth the weight and height will be different right?

point me if i am wrong

walar man.. no need to b that extreme rite??? we full racer??? even if there is differences, i honestly dun think we can feel it anyway... for me to b honest, design is important but not as important as safety... copy takes the branded ones and copy exactly the same.. cos the mould or do watever they need... but quality??? may not b... how??? branded expensive ones may b lighter and stronger... like when u said summit struts is lighter than xforce... u can say it urself... someone in this forum told me before that he used spoon tower bar and it broke into 2... i dun understand y and how... well, something to think abt then... as for me, i c the purpose... if i m a racer, yes i WILL go for the branded reputable one as every small thing counts... for us, issit worth???

TypeG
10-09-2005, 01:04 AM
but i know some strut do make understeering which is related to safty and that's my point. why we want to add strut onto my car? handling better right? even we are not a racer, we dun want over or under steering right. u see my point?
I have never aimed any struts so dun put me wrong

i am not extreme la danny
but really, to compare between two things, we need to have a standard to test on ma just like ronald example in which I think u will agree with me somehow.