PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator for EK4

MrPlow
03-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Im in need of a Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator for my ek4 b16, There are so many to choose from. I need some expert or first hand advice on what to look for and which you guys recommend.

Im after one with the pressure gauge built it for simple reasons that i can see what pressure im running.

Anyway brand you recommend, its for a worked b16a, basically just need something plug and play - nothing fancy!

Thanks!

BLKCRX
03-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Question hmm why do you need a a fuel reg ;)
I see so many of these installed when not required....
Having said one of the best fuel regs you can buy is the Paxton fuel reg design, which has been adapted by many manufactures now a days.

Regards James

MrPlow
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Well its seems my car is not getting enough pressure or fuel...

For examply on start up, it will non kick over the first 1 or 2 times starting - then on the 3rd time it will start up... if that makes any sence... I had it checked over today by my mech. and i asked how can we solve it and we agreed a afpr wil do the job...

by the way fresh plugs have been installed - could it be maybe my leads?

Just sounds and feels like a fuel problem!

BLKCRX
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Sounds like a band add solution to me, maybe your fuel pump is sick, have you tested you’re a/f ratio ? maybe clean your injectors, look at your fuel filter… if something has changed or is’t working right fix the problem directly rather than changing / adding something else to hide the problem.
You most certainly don’t need a FPR to solve a none starting problem, diagnose the true problem and fix that, it could be anyone of your sensors, or ignition, or fuel system causing a slight problem. Check your fuel pressure at idle and ignition on and make sure its within factory specification. of 38psi for a b16.

Regards James

MrPlow
04-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Hmmm I try all them things!

ginganggooly
04-09-2005, 11:41 AM
do you have an aftermarket ecu?

MrPlow
05-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Yep... and it was fine until the ecu went in...

BLKCRX
05-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Well there's your problem, tuning for idle and cold start is harder than tuning for max power, it takes time and lots of fine tuning.
Drop parts your local tuner who tuned your car and I’m sure they would be more than happy to have a look at it, by bet would be the post start fuel adjustment settings, how much fuel is spayed into the engine upon starting it up.

Regards James