PDA

View Full Version : How to wire indicators on new side mirrors?

muhhan
03-09-2005, 10:28 PM
I recently replaced my side mirrors after a lil mishap and instead of paying $160 for one oem manual mirror i decided to get a set of mirrors i actually liked for around the same price. Anyway, these new mirrors got led indicators built into them so I was wondering if anyone here knows how to wire these bad boys up? I found the thread about installing m3 mirrors but I need a little more detail about finding the indicator wires from the console and how to get it to come through the door and up into the mirror. I've got a 95 Civic CXi EK1 if that helps. Thanks!

unluvedboi
03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
run wires to underneath your dash.
then open up your steering column and look for the wires that go to your indicator stalk, they are usually a whole bunch of 4 or 5 wires that are green.
use a circuit tester and test which ones are your signals. then hook up the wires to them.

civiceg9
04-09-2005, 02:17 AM
or wire it to the fuse box under your dash. You will need a circuit tester to get the right wires.

mugeneration
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
pft yeah you could do all that, or you could just tap it straight off your wires leading to your side body indicators. Thats what i did. Theyre only LEDs, wont suck much extra power. Mine work fine this way. Just make sure you seal it over again properly eh?

muhhan
04-09-2005, 09:00 PM
By tapping do you mean stripping a bit of the side indicator wires and attaching a wire that runs to the side mirror indicators? Do I just run the wires through the door panel? It's just bloody annoying removing the door panel so I'm trying to avoid this. Thanks for help so far! Any more tips pls?

baby_c
04-09-2005, 09:29 PM
pop off ur blinker...add an extra wire from the blinkers to the side mirror and pop ur blinker back in.. nice and simple =)

mugeneration
04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
yeah just pop out the indicators, then feed the wires through. The hardest part is feeding the wires thru the rubber seal thing. You can use fairly thin wires, LEDs dont need much power.

baby_c
04-09-2005, 09:51 PM
yep... use tin wire so that u can feed it thru from the back of the guard to the door.. and than behind the door trim to the indicator on the side mirror =)

muhhan
07-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Cheers for all that help. I'll try and post a pic when I get them installed. I have to wait for another set of mirror bases to come in cos apparently 95 was when they switched the design or something the salesperson was telling me and they originally got the wrong ones in.

DjRob
07-09-2005, 10:25 PM
yeah pics are good

muhhan
18-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Aight, I got the mirrors installed but didn't have my digital camera to take some picks. But gonna have to remove them to wire them up so can take picks then.

Btw, how do you get the wire through the little hole in the door and through the rubber tube then into the guard? Seems like trying to thread a camel through the eye of a needle! Is it easier to just pull all the wires going to the door out and remove the rubber tube and redo install them with the mirror side indicator wires?

Thanks